Swimming in South Alligator

Tell us about your own or others' fishing, boating, 4X4 or camping trip gone wrong. With pictures.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Swimming in South Alligator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Boat capsized and crew split up, all swimming their way to to safety ... scroll down to the police post ... https://www.facebook.com/fishing.gps.re ... rs.wrecks/

jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Swimming in South Alligator

Post by jeffish »

So lucky , should have stayed with the boat though . Crazy walking out of there :croc:

Getting swamped by a passing boat :fubird: what an ASSSSHOLE .
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

It didn't make sense to me that a 4m tinny could be flipped by another boat's wake. yes a 3m punt maybe but a 4m boat. nah
Anyway. I just watched the news and the bloke driving the boat said "we hit a tree and then it flipped" . He never said it got swamped - maybe the wake made him lose control and crash into the tree but no way it flipped him (unless Slxxxer was driving) :twisted:
just glad they are all ok. not a good place to go into the water
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Scary stuff!! 4m boat swamped by a bow wave sounds awefully fishy to me...
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Sounds like a likely story. So many people bagging a bigger boats wake. No one has said how close they were or would of had to be to sink a 4m tinny. Sounds like a f up of mass proportions by the guys in the 4m boat to me!
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Maybe a container ship got lost?
Defiant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Defiant »

I was there Saturday arvo and was pulling out when those guys were putting in, my missus was getting the car and was next in line to go down the ramp when they came lying past and mounted the gutter trying to sneak in front of her. She told them what's what and began to reverse down the ramp.
Then they were giving her a hard time as she was reversing!, was gonna have a chat with them but they were either on the glass pipe or full of rum and probably wouldn't of got through to them.

At the end of the day i wouldn't wish what happened to them on anyone, but they were all charged up when they were launching.
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

Something smelt a bit crook when I heard this, but the above report makes things a little clearer. I was thinking I, but didn't want to accuse people with out knowing the details.
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

There's more to this story than we will ever know.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

what i couldnt understand is that the coppers said they were 'looking into the actions of the other vessel'
come on boys, there was no other vessel, they blokes were off their tits and thought they saw a UFO
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

nomad wrote:what i couldnt understand is that the coppers said they were 'looking into the actions of the other vessel'
come on boys, there was no other vessel, they blokes were off their tits and thought they saw a UFO
:rofl: That's gold!
c9h14n
Seadog
Seadog

Post by c9h14n »

Reports of a gill net in their boat too. Heading out, late afternoon, everybody else leaving the river. Wonder where they were going?
Jer
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jer »

c9h14n wrote:Reports of a gill net in their boat too. Heading out, late afternoon, everybody else leaving the river. Wonder where they were going?
Chasing an easy $10k no doubt
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Well there you go ,,, . Good ol Darwin still a small place and the BS/Truth gets exposed pretty quick .
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Lol. And some old love on the nt news was trying to tell me that they had a very experianced boaty ect on board. I gave her a lip full and hit her with a few questions like....how close was the other vessel.....why did the guy on the news say he hit a tree....why did they all swim in different directions........why didnt they point the bow of the boat into the wake.....was the small boat over loaded and under powered.......all i got was that i was an arse hole and why couldnt i just accept that the other boat was at fault. Ihate when people blame others for fark ups and end up getting things banned for the rest of the world with half a brain!