Fishing in Cambodia ?

Welcome to international visitors. And local members, tell us about your fishing holiday ...
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Fishing in Cambodia ?

Post by 2rods »

I have a mate who has just spent the last 5 odd years in Cambodia as a ranger. He has been telling me about an indangered fish there ...something like our saratoga.

He was asking if people would pay to fish for them on a catch and release system with all money going into a fund to help protect them?

What do you think??? would you pay to go there and fish waters that have never seen a fisherman...tel alone a lure :shock:

I am thinking of going over there for about 1 week with him to see how it fishes... might be room for 1 or 2 more people as well... not sure yet. Tiger flights are around $400 return... the rest I need to find out about.

:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
landlocked
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by landlocked »

you going into opposition against jobfish 2rods :wink:
From the heart of the channel country.
To be old and wise, one has to have been young and stupid !!!
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

I think the ‘Toga like fish they have over there are a type of Arawona (sp) or maybe Snakehead. I’ve fished for both species in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand, top class sport fish. If I had the brass and the time I’d be there with bells on.
Would be a good trip, always exciting to fish an area that see FA angling pressure.
I know it was always well worth the effort to do the two day walk into the mouth of the Jenolan River to catch monster Trout that would only see a fly once a year!

I wonder if your mate has done his homework on what effect catching these fish would have on an already wobbly population. If it ends up being detrimental it would spell the demise of the poor buggers.
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
Chronic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Chronic »

Sounds awesome 2rods i hope you get there mate :mrgreen: I dont think catch and release would reduce the stocks at any great rate, atleast i hope not. If these fish are anything like saratoga they've got one thing going for them.........They taste like poop!

Have to be good sport though...

Go the live-baiters!

Beer will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no beer...
drifter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by drifter »

Hey Rods,
What do you think??? would you pay to go there and fish waters that have never seen a fisherman...tel alone a lure
If not fisherman, any idea whats got them on the endanger list? :???:
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Not too sure why they are endangered...netters I think :angel:

Blinky...as for $$$ mate I think the scouting trip would be cheap...airfares and food/drinks...that is all... I will let you know if it pans out as a well travelled fisho like yourself would be handy on such a first trip.

LL... :rofl: no not going into comp with jobfish... this is more of a greenie thing that a mate has ideas for.... but I must say if I had the $$ jobfish's trips sound good :mrgreen:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dodgyone »

Thought this might be more your style 2rods. :rofl: :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo7OqahqtLA
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.
andrew.south
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by andrew.south »

2Rods sitting in down town Nah Trang Vietnam at the moment went to the local fish markets this morning :catch: :catch: :catch: ...heaps of mac tuna, big cobia, rock cod and mackeral there..and also what looked like it didnt make it to the melbourne cup... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

no sign of your endangered species but by the look of things theres plenty that will be before long....eels, frogs...snakes... :o :o
Southy

Very rarely when the ship misses the harbour is it the harbours fault