Dundee Boat Ramp Plans

Talk about bungled boat ramps, net buybacks, marine no-go zones, mining disasters etc here.
Jer
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Dundee Boat Ramp Plans

Post by Jer »

Scottie5.3 wrote:Wonder why Tristan hasn't replied....

Could be on Leave, could be sick, could be seeking answers from the NTG who are stalling... The list goes on.

I wonder if anyone has attempted to call or email AFANT directly or emailed the Minister directly asking if they have the answers to the questions that have been asked.

Jeno
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Jeno »

Mick7805 wrote:Have you ever considered that for AFANT to be included in these government meeting they have to abide by confidentiality agreements. Maybe direct you frustrations to the ones making the decisions - government minsters. AFANT I am sure make recommendations but they would only be on the views of fee paying AFANT members recorded in minuted meetings - not from internet forums.

That is a good point mate!
No matter where you go, there you are!
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

G'day guys. A lot of issues here that could have been sorted out by a quick phone call to me......so I guess that answers your question Jer ;)

There will be no fee for parking. Government is looking at alternative sites for parking as well as what is currently available. Mick is correct that in some cases meetings with government are highly confidential but in saying that we a required to advocate for all recreational fishermen not just our financial members or affiliated fishing clubs and there is certainly no secret squirrel business at AFANT meetings, for the princely sum of $15 PA for membership of AFANT any rec fishermen can attend.
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

G'day guys. A lot of issues here that could have been sorted out by a quick phone call to me......so I guess that answers your question Jer ;)

There will be no fee for parking. Government is looking at alternative sites for parking as well as what is currently available. Mick is correct that in some cases meetings with government are highly confidential but in saying that we a required to advocate for all recreational fishermen not just our financial members or affiliated fishing clubs and there is certainly no secret squirrel business at AFANT meetings, for the princely sum of $15 PA for membership of AFANT any rec fishermen can attend.
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

What are the details for the afant meetings triston? how often do you meet, where and when?
At times I have thought that there seems to be very little consultation, but if I do nothing to my self to be involved, I can't really be disappointed by decisions made.
Only meeting I have ever seen advertised is the AGM.
Cheers Mickey
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

G'day Mickey. Good point I'll put the details in the AFANT newsletter next month so all members are more informed. The AFANT committee meets on the first Thursday of each month at 5pm at the AFANT offices in Malak shopping centre, meeting normally run for 2-3 hours
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

Maybe a quick reminder on here the Monday before the meeting would be good Tristan? Cant hurt and would possibly help with the perception of limited consultation.
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

NT Wombat wrote:Maybe a quick reminder on here the Monday before the meeting would be good Tristan? Cant hurt and would possibly help with the perception of limited consultation.

Pretty sure Tristian did just that before the last AGM. You can also add AFANT / Tristian on Facebook and he'll send you an event invitation!
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

Guys, the best thing I can do is add it to our newsletter which you will receive if you are an AFANT member or put it up on our Facebook page the week prior to the meeting.

I'm always happy to encourage rec fishermen to be involved in AFANT's processes.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

And you can put AFANT meets and other fishing dates on the FFF calendar for free too, it is in everyone's face at the top of the page :mrgreen:

No need to resort to Zuckerburger :D
Fogazi
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Fogazi »

Doesn't help on the smart phone...

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator