Dundee Boat Ramp Plans

Talk about bungled boat ramps, net buybacks, marine no-go zones, mining disasters etc here.
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Dundee Boat Ramp Plans

Post by tristan.sloan »

mickkk wrote:
I think it will be fantastic, the only concern I can think of is the ongoing maintenance of the dredged channel.I would think it would need to be re dredged every year or 2 at the end of the wet, depending on how bad the storms are. Has this been mentioned with the gov.

Its been mentioned to government mickkk....numerous times as it will be an ongoing cost to maintain, in terms of how fast it will fill up only time will tell :banghead:

NofishNT
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NofishNT »

Tristan, has there been any thought or plans done for the car park? There doesn't seem to be much land there for a car park that will fit 200-300 cars and trailers. I note the lodge seems to be getting ready with boom gates and fencing going in. Will we have to pay to park on the lodge's land when the tractor is gone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

As far as I know, that land doesn't belong to the lodge
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

It would be good to have some clarification.
Who owns the land where people now park their trailers ready for the tractor?
Who owns the land where people now park their cars for the day? You would assume that this land is owned by the lodge due to the installation of the new boom gates. If that land is owned by the lodge, they can do and charge whatever they want. If not why are the gates there and who installed them?

Why did the govt settle on a ½ baked design when the original design was much larger? In my opinion, the original design still wouldn’t have allowed for all tide/sea state access but its much better than what has been put to tender
I would rather more money be spent of the ramp etc than upgrading the car park.

I still think there will be a need for the tractors due to the nature of the existing ramp area. Its way too shallow. You will still need to back right into the water to launch/retrieve
Given the time taken by the average Joe at other ramps, just imagine how long the wait will be with lots of trailers at the ramp.
One word, NIGHTMARE!

I cant remember but is there going to be a jetty built so we can tie up while waiting tp park the car?
NofishNT
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NofishNT »

The NRETA Maps makes it pretty clear where the boundaries lie.
Lot 3907 is the boundary for the lodge and is zoned TC (Tourist Commercial). Lot 2881 is private land also zoned TC. The small rhombus shape at the end of Dundee Place appears to be the only area available for the car park.
NRETA Map.bmp

All of the surrounding land is zoned either for Conservation (dark green), or Tourist Commercial (blue) and a small section of Other Recreation (light green) for the boat ramp area;
Dundee Zone.bmp

The doesn't appear to be any indication on the plans for a jetty, floating or otherwise.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Thanks for that. helps a lot. so we can assume the cars/boats will need to use the carpark owned by the lodge (for a fee)
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Well if we dont have free parking what's the point, seriously why havent these issues already been taken care of? I don't want to have anything to do with the lodge and having to park on their land kinda forces my hand doesn't it. Ramp should be built somewhere away from lodge if this is the case as questions need to be asked about who's in who's pocket as why should a public facility benefit a private business? Someone please explain...
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
NofishNT
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NofishNT »

Scottie,

It was purely a question, I was wondering if AFANT has been shown plans for the car park area , or if there has been some consideration to the car park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darwinblue
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Darwinblue »

I'd almost prefer to leave it as than deal with 200+ Nuffies trying to get boats on trailers, pushing in, ramp rage etc etc etc....
Overcrowding isn't a good thing just because the lodge gives us all the s...ts.
Everyone used to complain about Jethro (not me) now they complain about something else - some just can't be satisfied no matter what.
Darwin Blue
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

c9h14n wrote:They have done it for the last three plus years. We are loose now and it doesn't hurt. Do you actually expect more?

That's awesome :lol:
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
c9h14n
Seadog
Seadog

Post by c9h14n »

In all seriousness, whilst ever you have a self appointed committee that lobby both sides of government to be funded as the voice of x, y, or z. You will have AFANT or the equivalent. That's how they roll. I can guarantee that AFANT will do exactly what this government want, as they did with the previous Labor government, and the next government. Don't be either fooled or surprised, they are not for us, just a tool for any government to make announcibles.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

So let me get this straight - you wont contact the bloke but want answers via an unrelated forum? how is that working out for you?
Jesus no wonder we are all so cranky.
Do you realise that the time you have taken to write your grievance on here could have been spent writing to the appropriate govt minister. Remember that ministers must reply to your written questions.
Mick7805
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mick7805 »

Have you ever considered that for AFANT to be included in these government meeting they have to abide by confidentiality agreements. Maybe direct you frustrations to the ones making the decisions - government minsters. AFANT I am sure make recommendations but they would only be on the views of fee paying AFANT members recorded in minuted meetings - not from internet forums.
Fogazi
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Fogazi »

Didnt know this was the AFANT forum....

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »