What is the coolest fishing shirt to wear?

NTFizzer
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What is the coolest fishing shirt to wear?

Post by NTFizzer »

So what are the coolest s...ts to wear to be comfortable and have fun In the sun. Big Fish, Moo Gully, what???

nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: What is the coolest fishing shirt to wear?

Post by nomad »

I find the printed ‘fishing shirts’ way too hot and I sweat like a pig. I've given away a heap of them that I don’t use. They are good in cold weather though
The best I've found are Columbia lightweight ones. They have breathable mesh vents but that can cause problems when the midges are about because they can work their way in
Jeno
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Jeno »

yeah I find the shirts with the stretchy material to be way too hot....especially when they have elasticised wrist cuffs. I get the cheap cotton blend Kodiak button up jobs and trash them...seem to work well for me.
No matter where you go, there you are!
joesgotone
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by joesgotone »

I have 4 big fish shirts that my family had printed. These are my favourites as i am not a walking add for anyone else. Have a few standard big fish shirts but they are always second best. I fish in these all day in the boat without shade and still wear long pants. I'm a big (huge) guy and not showing sweat is a bonus. Polyester all the way i reckon.
how many is enough lures, rods and reels. Is there a magic number, considering you usually only catch 1 fish on a single lure on the one rod and reel your casting with.
Jer
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jer »

Ever since I grabbed a couple Simms shirts from FOW, they are the only shirts I'll buy now. I think they are better than other brands of the same type of shirt. I don't know why, it could be that the quality of the material is better.

And, after trying it out, I even rate the hooded shirts too. When on the move, the hood catches soo much wind and directs it down and in to the shirt.
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Modified is the way to go! Here's a pic of my current shirt with extra sleeves sewn on for my orang utan arms.

I made one once with 12v fans built in too...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

theodosius wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:50 pm Modified is the way to go! Here's a pic of my current shirt with extra sleeves sewn on for my orang utan arms.

I made one once with 12v fans built in too...
I'm surprised you haven't sewn in that "full retard" hat into a shirt yet
STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by STANDY »

Find the Pelagic long sleeve t-shirts to be the best and most comfortable. (no the cheapest ) Picked a few up cheap in Hawaii a few years ago.

https://pelagicgear.com/products/aquatek-kids-navy

Next best are as above Columbia long sleeve button up ones with vents.
A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.