75 landcruiser

Tell us a camping story. Let us guess? You left the cooking oil and bog roll at home ...
swamp_donkey89
Seadog
Seadog

75 landcruiser

Post by swamp_donkey89 »

Just bought an old landcruiser with the 1hz engine. Anyone ever done upgrades on them and/or had any problems with them. Any hints or tips would be great.
I had a 07 hilux but I bought it with stuffed injectors so it was time to cut my losses
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Basstad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: 75 landcruiser

Post by Basstad »

Leave it stock and it will go forever.........
swamp_donkey89
Seadog
Seadog

Post by swamp_donkey89 »

That's what I wanted to hear haha can only sit on 90/100 though
sheps
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by sheps »

If it will only do 90-100 then it needs work as my 75 ute would cruise at 110 towing my 5m boat and 120-125 not towing. Mine ran a lot better on the bio diesel that the hippies from fryer fuels made.
maaaario10
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by maaaario10 »

Hey swamp_donkey89,

Congrats on the new wheels mate, these cruisers are great. My old man has had his since new and has really put it through its paces. It carries all tools and materials for work during the week and then it gets flogged in the bush on the weekends and it hasn't skipped a beat. He's just clocked over 500,000kms on it and the motor is still running fine. His is completely stock, hasn't even upgraded the tyres/rims but it still makes it just about everywhere my Turbo 04 Hillux does.

Some good spotties, Tyres and a UHF radio are what I'd recommend. I hear that aftermarket exhaust systems have a good effect on performance for cruisers as well.

Cheers, Mario
tubbs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by tubbs »

get your injectors and pump checked if you can only do 90-100. my 80 series deteriorated to thse sorts of speeds over time, had the pump freshened and the injectors done and back to 125 no problem
swamp_donkey89
Seadog
Seadog

Post by swamp_donkey89 »

Cheers fellas.
It reaches 120 but I don't want yo run it at full boggie you know for to long, that's all, like if you own a hilux and it can reach 180 why would u? Too much fuel anywAy.
over the next 12 months I will probably get the injectors checked and possibly even change them if they looked f.....d.
Bellfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Bellfish »

i have a 40 series that just passed away it was stock it had 978 808 kays on the clock the clock stopped working 6 years ago
swamp_donkey89
Seadog
Seadog

Post by swamp_donkey89 »

Haha tru that's ridiculous!
Dex38
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dex38 »

Change your fuel filter and look at the air filter. Some people keep away from changing these two items and they will affect performance and create issues for the 1HZ. Getting the valve clearance checked is something that you should look at also. The valve reseed into the head and close up the clearances. When your engine warms up things get tighter and the valves can remain open (this is worst case). This affects engine performance as a diesel needs compression to run and valve timing affects power output.

FYI

Dex