Re: Access to the Daly River

Post by wazdog »

Trevor Bates sorry.

mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

Road reports had it opened around 1 hr ago, (both road and ramp) 4.5 ton max load limit. Caution needed
DOA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DOA »

Awesome thanks
Big Col
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Big Col »

anyone know when they Daly will be open again?
Jer
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jer »

At a guess would be when the Cyclone moves away enough.
bigwoody
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bigwoody »

I hear the road got chewed up badly after they opened it late last week.
You gotta wonder what was the thinking when the forecast was for a cyclone to form around same time they opened the roads. Heavy rain, dirt road, lots of traffic, gee I think the result would have been obvious to the roads department.
Optimistic Pessimist
Jer
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jer »

bigwoody wrote:I hear the road got chewed up badly after they opened it late last week.
You gotta wonder what was the thinking when the forecast was for a cyclone to form around same time they opened the roads. Heavy rain, dirt road, lots of traffic, gee I think the result would have been obvious to the roads department.
The road was in pretty good condition on Sat arvo. There was one section of bitumen road that had quite a few potholes but they were easily avoided, unless you were driving for them, surely they can't get much worse. The dirt road was actually quite good.

From what I read, the NT Police requested the road and ramp be closed because of the weather conditions on the water.
wazdog
Seadog
Seadog

Post by wazdog »

Im not sure why they even considered opening the road last week as a bl..dy Cyclone was heading our way again. We all need to a bit patient, yeah but now the road is chewed up again. When are we going to start whinging at the government again boys. I await the whinging !!! becuase thats all it is. If you are a recreational fisherman, get over it. The bl..dy wet season has come and dropped more rain this year than in previous, so let it do it things and stop whinging about road closures to our favourite Daly River. Thats just the way it is boys!!!!
shadymad
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by shadymad »

Nothing wrong with the road on saty, was dry and dusty. No different to any other year.
BigBlue

Post by BigBlue »

Bugger the roads. I'd drive in reverse all the way if the fish are biting. Anyone catching any???
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

Is it open again, just sen this on a fishing writer face book page

"Managed to crack my favourite river, the Daly, This trip was planned for awhile but on-again/off-again road and boat ramp closures made it complicated.
Thanks to Daly River Police for opening the Woolianna Road and the public boat ramp straight after Cyclone Blanche raced by. Seriously, much appreciated blokes. And thanks to Stuey and Marney at Daly River Barra Resort for holding our booking and keeping us informed. Accommodation great as always. "
NBN
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NBN »

No reports from the Daly, fishing must be terrible......
notsolucky
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by notsolucky »

Looking at road report website and it says Daly River Rd 'impassable' at Reynolds River. What are your thoughts on impassable, seems the rd isnt closed so if you want to have a crack then its up to you. Looking at heading that way tomor night. Any thoughts on this section of rd would be appreciated
Visit us at www.flickandflyjournal.com for fishing articles, tips and recipies from across oz
Jer
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jer »

notsolucky wrote:Looking at road report website and it says Daly River Rd 'impassable' at Reynolds River. What are your thoughts on impassable, seems the rd isnt closed so if you want to have a crack then its up to you. Looking at heading that way tomor night. Any thoughts on this section of rd would be appreciated
If you're looking at the "Daly River Road" in the Impassables link, then the picture is wrong. The impassable section is "Between Nanaar Road and Low Level Causeway". Nanaar road being the road that continues past the Police Station on to a property out there and the Low Level Causeway being the old crossing.

The Police requested this section be marked as impassable so that fishos could launch their boat at their own risk if/when Woolianan Road/Boat Ramp were closed.
notsolucky
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by notsolucky »

Thanks heaps for that Jer!!
Visit us at www.flickandflyjournal.com for fishing articles, tips and recipies from across oz