Dundee Launching cost???

Real time reports from FFFers on the things that matter most
Swoffa
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Dundee Launching cost???

Post by Swoffa »

Heard from a reliable source that the cost of tractor launch at Dundee has been bumped from $25 up to $40.

Anyone care to confirm the increased cost.

If it is the case, they have lost my support :fubird:

What angler can cross over a bridge without peering over its side
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Dundee Launching cost???

Post by ponyplay »

Swoffa wrote:Heard from a reliable source that the cost of tractor launch at Dundee has been bumped from $25 up to $40.

Anyone care to confirm the increased cost.

If it is the case, they have lost my support :fubird:
who told ya that dundee hombre ?? sounds way to steep
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

just rang the lodge still $25,,,Someone starting rumours me thinks.

This was brought up last week And the lodge even logged on and said it was :bs:
Swoffa
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Swoffa »

Maybe my mate just got ripped off because he swears that he had to pay the $40
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Maybe he was charge the 40 for service outside designated operating hours. I heard you can book after hours launching and retrieving .
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

or did they put it up over easter?
stuart
Seadog
Seadog

Post by stuart »

I paid the 25 over easter, as pricey as it sounds they really are only providing it as a service as i dont see that they really make a lot of money out of it. Even easter saturday they launched about 130 boats which would be their peak day of the year, that makes $3250 in launch fees. Out of that they had wages for 3 drivers from 7 in the morning to about 830 at night plus another couple blokes were assisting with the co-ordination. Plus they have fuel, insurance and maintenaince of farm equipment that prob was never intended to be dumped into salt water.

easy to poo poo them but they take a fair chunk of stress and risk on launching our boats. Also remember its not compulsory you can always launch yourself
Rug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Rug »

Swoffa wrote:Maybe my mate just got ripped off because he swears that he had to pay the $40
You mate wasn't one of those people launch themselves only to have second thoughts on the retrieve. I know Tony used to charge them extra.
Smile and the world smiles with you, fart and your all alone.
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Hemi »

stuart wrote:I paid the 25 over easter, as pricey as it sounds they really are only providing it as a service as i dont see that they really make a lot of money out of it. Even easter saturday they launched about 130 boats which would be their peak day of the year, that makes $3250 in launch fees. Out of that they had wages for 3 drivers from 7 in the morning to about 830 at night plus another couple blokes were assisting with the co-ordination. Plus they have fuel, insurance and maintenaince of farm equipment that prob was never intended to be dumped into salt water.

easy to poo poo them but they take a fair chunk of stress and risk on launching our boats. Also remember its not compulsory you can always launch yourself

Hit the nail on the head there stuart....
20-25 bucks is cheap i reckon... Its a wonder in this day and age with running costs its only that much!
Give em' credit.. :bow:
"Bite off more than you can chew - Then chew like hell.." - PETER BROCK.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

$25 or even $30 is fine by me but $40 starts to push the friendship.
Dundee Hombre
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dundee Hombre »

Well the service now is provided by the lodge, since they have forced the old mob out, start it up cheap and then raise the cost?
Swoffa
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Swoffa »

Original intent of the post was to confirm or deny the increased cost. Recent posts and telephone calls have confirmed that the cost of Launch / retrieve at Dundee using the tractor remained at $25 over the Easter period and the service continues at this cost.

My reliable source will no longer be classified as being reliable.

I remain happy to use the service at $25 as this is a shite load cheaper that getting rust removed from the car. However, I have always been a strong advocate and supporter of getting an all weather and (nearly) all tide ramp built at Dundee. Lets hope that the Government comes through with its election promise of a new ramp to service the Dundee region.

Cheers

Warren
Dundee Hombre
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dundee Hombre »

The Giles Government said nothing about a ramp, he couldn't give a toss and the local member has gone MIA when it comes to fixing things in his electorate. We are lucky to get the sand removed from the ramp.
qiksix
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by qiksix »

I reckon it needs to stay the way it is, I know its a bit of a pain but if they made it easy with a flash ramp every man and his dog will be down there and it will end up being flogged.
slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by slug »

qiksix wrote:I reckon it needs to stay the way it is, I know its a bit of a pain but if they made it easy with a flash ramp every man and his dog will be down there and it will end up being flogged.
And it's not getting flogged now :?