olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Apaches for Indonesia

Post by olfart »

Heard tell Geronimo was bein resurrected to lead em. :wink:
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Good old yanks. Run guns to them today, have a war against them next year and wonder why they cant win.
barratrooper1
Seadog
Seadog

Post by barratrooper1 »

Settle down nomad! They are selling them 8.
Also, fighter aircraft and gunships they sell any one have"terms and conditions" they can all be tracked at all times, and all have built in "virus,s" to disable systems should they be used in a way that the US disaproves of.
stuart
Seadog
Seadog

Post by stuart »

Not too keen on the sale myself. Indonesia hasnt the best track record for human rights. But its never stopped the yanks. When Indonesia annexed timor right in the middle of all the atrocities they sold them aircraft designed for low level attack in jungle warfare. Indonesia swore they would not use them...yeah right

from wikipedia

Indonesia[edit source | editbeta]
Indonesia purchased 12 OV-10F aircraft and operates them in COIN operations similar to the U.S. Navy's Vietnam missions with their Broncos, but have retrofitted .50 in (12.7 mm) Browning heavy machine guns in place of the light .308 in (7.62 mm) machine guns.[23] These aircraft were vital in the invasion of East Timor and ensuing COIN operations. In 1977, they were also used during the aerial bombardments of Amungme villages near Freeport-McMoRan area of operations, West Papua, in response to OPM attacks on the mining company facilities, and of Dani villages in Baliem Valley, also in West Papua, in response to rebellion against enforced participation in the Indonesian general election.[24]
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

People have short memories when it comes to war.
I hope they have someone monitoring the kill switch.