Darwin Harbour - Saturday - baby goldies galore!

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
NathanL
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Darwin Harbour - Saturday - baby goldies galore!

Post by NathanL »

Hi All,
Went for a bit of a spin in my boat on saturday.
I thought i'd try and explore some new ground so went over near west point/charles point in close.
There are schools and schools of baby golden snapper over there, it was literally a fish a drop there for a bit.
I ended up getting annoyed because they certainly wernt getting any bigger and these were definitely too small to fillet.
I moved around there for a bit but could just not get away from the goldies, 1 lonley cod broke up the action.

Cruised over to woods inlet for the low tide, flicked a few lures around for basically a nill result.
Anchored on the Song Saigon for a bit, couldn't anchor on it properly so I just did some drifting over it, stacks of baby GTs on it, nothing else wanted anything to do with my bait though.

Found some tuna busting up near the 6 mile bouy region on the way back to nightcliff boat ramp.
Flicked a metal straight at a school there and hooked a stonker queenie! 8-) Must have been the only queenie there, plently of large longtails though.
Lost him at the boat though, so my tuna tally is still sitting at Zero for this year..

All in all much better day than sitting at home watching cable.
Explored some new areas aswell which is always good fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bandit

Post by bandit »

good report SF. looks like a plesant day on the water was had :drinking1:
dan2874
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dan2874 »

Nice report their SF. Give em anouther year or so and hopefully those goldies turn into thumpers :mrgreen: :fishy:

:cheers: :cheers:
Daniel

Ilive to fish!

The 1 that got away
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Great to hear theres lots of little goldies about only trouble is they take a long time to grow
SMITHY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by SMITHY »

certainly beats staying at home, and if the little ones are allowed to get bigger lookout next year :mrgreen:
They say time is money, I dont have much money cause my times spent fishing