kakadu freshing

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
nikoniko
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

kakadu freshing

Post by nikoniko »

Hi its been a while between trips but with a few days spare a trip was organised out to yellow waters and red lilly billabong. Ended up with with 15 legal fish with the biggest going 73cm, it was fun to sight cast to them but frustrating aswell. DOA prawns were the go in yellow waters with hard bodies and other soft plastics seeming to spook the fish more so. Here are some pics of them tailling with most of these fish not interested!

some scenic pics and a croc the got too close as they were way to friendly

Red lilly billabong was a bit tricky to get into this morning after overnight rain as some of the ruts are getting slippery and deep enough to cause concern. The fish were holding in the lillies with the water dirty as. For the first tine I tried the ZMAN 10X tough frogs. It was a boof fest hooking up on every five or so hits. These lures are awesome hooking the biggest fish for the trip.

While we were at cooinda, took a run to sandy billabong for a look, no fish but a nice spot

SteveB
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: kakadu freshing

Post by SteveB »

Great shots Nikoniko, what a wonderful place to fish, even if they aren't playing the game.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~Patrick F. McManus
Ibbsy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Ibbsy »

Looks nice at least you got a few as well. just good getting out.
BarneyRubble
Seadog
Seadog

Post by BarneyRubble »

Which Red Lilly did you get into? The first one or second? Heats and I did an overnighter week or so back and on dusk and dawn using bugs black fizzers. Was an awesome trip, water was very clear when we went, I guess the rain can change that.. Nice pics and Awesome fishing.. COngrats
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Hi there,

Some very nice photos there.
And it is interesting that you had success in fresh water using a lure that look like a prawn.
I would have never thought of using it, this show that we should try to kep an open mind when it comes to lure fishing.
Thanks for the information.

Have a good day,
Pecheur