Work opportunities and rental in Darwin

Introduce yourself, talk about beer, crocs, headlines, dugongs or Paris Hilton.
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Work opportunities and rental in Darwin

Post by Dick »

My oldest is thinking of moving to Darwin in a couple of months time. What would be the best paper to buy to keep track of rentals and positions vacant up there???

Thanks in advance :smile:

Regards Dick
noundz

Post by noundz »

Saturdays NT news would be the go :mrgreen:

Or there is that great big place called the internet :grin:
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

Taa :smile:
Regards Dick
bandit

Post by bandit »

hey mate, there is that much work in darwin for those who want it he shouldnt have a problem.
The fact there are so many lazy buggers in the topend makes it all that much easier for those who want to work :mrgreen:
meatgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by meatgroup »

The company I work for is about to ramp up ... look out for the advert in the next week or so.

We have been impressed to date with the quality of the local labour we have employed (albeit only a couple to date).

The local guys are clearing $1900 after tax pw so its not too bad. Thats for a TA.
Be alert.... the world needs more lerts
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Dick also check www.careerone.com.au

And

www.seek.com.au

Both worth a look every few days :mrgreen:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
flicker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

work

Post by flicker »

G day meatgroup, doing what,where and how many hours for those dollars? pm me if you don't want to broadcast it.

cheers flicker
you don't know if you don't give it a go
jasonmcc
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jasonmcc »

$1900 after tax per week as a TA :shock: Cant be a Darwin based job, if so do they need more workers?

Joasn
...............Wishin' I was fishin'...............
Night Stalker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Night Stalker »

coroboreebandit wrote: The fact there are so many lazy buggers in the topend makes it all that much easier for those who want to work :mrgreen:
Stop picking on me CB. :rofl:
I contend that where you fish is the
most important factor in catching fish.
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dodgyone »

jasonmcc wrote:$1900 after tax per week as a TA :shock: Cant be a Darwin based job, if so do they need more workers?

Joasn
Jase got so excited he forgot to spell his name right. :rofl: :rofl:
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.
luke79
Seadog
Seadog

Post by luke79 »

i moved to darwin about 4 or 5 months ago and had no problem getting work, although i already had contacts for work. i used to keep an eye out on the careerone website and saturday and wednesdays nt news. seems to be plenty of jobs up here and yeah the money can be pretty good.
as far as rentals go, i dont really know too much as ive moved in with my mother (i work remote and dont actually get to spend too much time in darwin) from what ive seen there isnt a huge amount of rentals around and look a little pricey but im sure if i had looked harder i would have found some good ones for good prices.
cant beat it up here, i love the place. im trying to work out if i wanna keep doing the remote work and spend 200 a week on flights back to darwin for weekends, or if i should just get work in darwin.. darwins an awesome place, i dont actually really know anyone here but im still having a great time and couldnt think of a better place to be.
meatgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by meatgroup »

jasonmcc wrote:$1900 after tax per week as a TA :shock: Cant be a Darwin based job, if so do they need more workers?

Joasn
Its mostly Darwin based but anyone may be required to work near port keats if required..... obvioulsy all travel/accommodation/meals will be taken care of in addition to that money.

I am not lying about the money. I dont lie about money ..... cept how much my fishing gear costs .... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Be alert.... the world needs more lerts
uniball
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by uniball »

Meatgroup, any chance you can PM me the details of those positions. with coin like that, i wouldn't have to lie to the missus about how much i spend on fishing gear. Much... :wink:
got-none
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by got-none »

yeah pm me the details to, id be happy with a grand a week. since fuel went up no ones buying 4x4s at my work
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" -Albert Einstein-
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Hey MG I want to see the photos of any big fish you catch (on a measuring tape).