Fishing Sydney?

Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Fishing Sydney?

Post by Agent86 »

Hi all

Doing a bit of a trip down to Sydney for a couple of weeks, visiting relatives and looking for some info on where to throw a line in!!!

Have organised a charter for 99 and myself for Easter Saturday, from Roseville, and looking forward to a few fish then, maybe some little Yellowtail Kings out the front, havn't got any of them since leaving Perth a few years back! a flattie of even a pinkie maybe?

I know the harbour will be flatout, but hopefully will be able to get onto something to stretch some line,
We usually end up down there 3-4 times a year now due to 99's parents living there, but only been fishing down at Erowal Bay so far due to rely's down there.

whats been happening in Sydney? any fish?

If anyone needs a deckie next week let me know, might be able to organise a reciprocal trip up here in the far north, just about to come into our beautiful dry season i reckon, and the Barra are starting to fire up, looking forward to some jigging for reefies and a few longtails as well on the spin gear soon!!!

Not exactly sure what days will be free down there yet till we get there and sort things out.

Any ideas would be great, landbased, also places to hire a boat, maybe!

Thanks in advance

Agent 86 (Smartie)

If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Fishing Sydney?

Post by Matt Flynn »

Are you going with Fishabout? Craig McGill is very good, I assume he is still operating.

McGill - it's a name like Rob Fish from the Seafood Council ...
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

K, lol!!

yes Matt

Organised to go with Fishabout for the Saturday, guides name i have been given is Stuart Reid.

Hopefully weather will be good, otherwise might have to catch some bream and flatties, havn't done that since the Swan in Perth.
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

nagz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nagz »

if your sick of paying for plastic bags at coles and woollies, i can share a few landbased spots with ya.

thats all i ever caught down there :(
When asked by a non-fisherman "how many fishing rods do you actually need?", the correct response is either:
A) n+1 (where n is the number if rods you currently have); or

B) n-1 (where n is the number of rods which would cause your other half to dump you)
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Gee thanks nagz, at least then I will catch something I suppose.

Might just have a flick for a few small fish on softies or poppers, who knows??

Will have to take the rod in the car, cause will be doing a fair bit of traveling around all over the place from what the misses, 99 tells me!

GoodLookinPete
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by GoodLookinPete »

All along foreshore drive from the airport to the boat ramp is good flicking for flathead, (Northern bank of Botany bay) or you could go to the boat ramp near Patricks, walk to the left of the pontoon and cast into the deep hole, all sorts of fish in there.
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Thanks for that GLP

Will have a look there!!

99 reckons Narrabeen Lake is good for flatties as well.

Shes a Sydney girl so hopefully can give me some spots to try as well.

GoodLookinPete
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by GoodLookinPete »

Yep, right up the top near the sports academy there is a feeder creek and a small grassy island at the mouth that is well worth a flick, might need a kayak though. If you are in the northern beaches area Manly lagoon is a favourite haunt of the Sydney Fly Rodders.

Don't get me started on the Fish River at Tarana....
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Cool, thanks heaps

Might have a chance to try a couple of spots with a bit of luck

Better get a license I suppose!!