daly trip report

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
chris338
Silver Member
Silver Member

daly trip report

Post by chris338 »

just finished up 3 days on the daly we where very disappointed to find no color changes at any of the creeks there was water pumping out of most of them but it was like mud the fishing was extremely tough only manege to boat only 6 small barra for the trip the biggest was only 64cm but was a very fat fish. most of the fish came in the mornings for us when the tide had pushed the water up slowing the flow in the creeks but the water still didn't clear up at all. most of the boats we spoke to where the same or worse some did have some success at night but still nowhere near what it should be for the run off if anyone knows why it is pumping filthy water out of the creeks and not the clean water we should be seeing for the run off please let us know as it has me stumped.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NBN
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: daly trip report

Post by NBN »

Good excuse to head back in a week or two!

Lizzy mouth has had a good clean out by the looks.
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

Good effort mate and definitely better than being stuck in the rat race. ..

I reckon it's a lack of local rain this yr the floodplains should be flushing a million litres of fresh into the main river but sadly not the case there's still a few fish around for the dedicated anglers out there.

They seem to be getting harder to figure out each time I have been out lately.

The fish are there 24 /7 but only bite for a short time each day. ....I guess that's why they call it fishing not catching.
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
Quinntreximon
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Quinntreximon »

Mate there was/is plenty of water a week and a half ago. EVERY creek was CRYSTAL CLEAR as the tide pushed in. Heaps of bait, scats,mulet, and thousands of tarpon, picture perfect but not mant feeding barra. The reason it runs dirty is mainly the big tides it just runs too quick then clears up as the tide slows it. Will be clear on the neaper tides. Correct me if im wrong but thats my theory. I also think boat traffic, noise, etc doesnt help, hence night a little better. It and all the other rivers will fire in the next few weeks im sure. Rather be at the daly for 3 days than work.