Daly river 2017 day trip flick

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Daly river 2017 day trip flick

Post by goldfish »

Headed down to the daly for the first time this year earlier this week. Coastal rain should stop a few heading out we thought but we arrived to find heaps of trailers in the carpark but got in in 10min and cruised straight to a few creeks around lizzy.

Soon we were casting our lures into likely looking eddys and snags as we drove with the minnkota controling our drift. We could see all types of bait exiting the creek with the receding tide a few thumps could be heard by subsuface barra as they inhaled the shoals of small herring and striped grunters using the bank side grass as cover. Mullet and long tom darted about with nervous tension evident seeking out shelter from the lurking barra.

We tried a fair few lures before getting a consistent response of follows with the odd one having a crack at our offers. Persistence paid off on the end with 7 nice fat chrome barra landed into the low 70s and a couple of one that got away stories including a few significantly better barra in the 90s.

All of our fish were fat and in excellent condition and fought hard with plenty of dirty tactics around the snags.

Going back next week to satisfy the ''barra fever '' that I've been diagnosed with. ... no cure they reckon.

Take it easy on dorat rd there were a few moments where we were cresting the blind rises to see another car on the wrong side of the road doing 100 with the boat on. Including one chick in a white prado with no idea causing us to take evasive action.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Daly river 2017 day trip flick

Post by Edo »

Where do i get me on of those hats?
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

In samsung photoshop stickers mate
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Well done
Tap'n'Zap
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Tap'n'Zap »

Very nice, well done mate.
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

Edo wrote:Where do i get me on of those hats?
Got bored so dug one up for ya ....enjoy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

Daly river back on the rise.....

just enough to bugger it up for those heading down over the weekend it'll probably fish ok after easter but I'll be working.