The Manopy

Davey D
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

The Manopy

Post by Davey D »

Ive been asked to get some pics of my canopy on here so here it is

None of that buying it Bull#^&% if you want something done right do it yourself.

I dreamt this up one night when i couldnt sleep drew some quick plans and was underway.
Now i know its not perfect it took me and my missus two days to build and i didnt really measure angles i just measured, welded, bent, grinded, welded and grinded some more.

the idea was something strong enough to sleep on top of so its got the solid top 4mm ally and the rest is steel.
There is meant to be some small powerful gas struts on the rear door but havent been bothered yet but will put em on, for now i have a solid stel rod which keeps it up when sleeping on top just to support the feet.

The weird looking perforated steel door is the doggy door. it folds down and has a chain on the inside so it stops horizontal so the dog can walk straight out and it doubles as a small table when needed.

also mounted the rod tube on the side with some steel strapping.
ans the antenna mounted in the right forward corner as i dont have a bullbar yet.

future plans are some poles that can be fitted into the top to create a shelter and hopefully when i buy a pedal kayak some rollers and a hand winch etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The ones who fight for their beliefs are those who achieve their dreams.

Can we just take the warning stickers off everything and let natural selection take its place, I mean if its spinning fast dont put your fingers in it..... Its not hard

ARTE ET MARTE
steve37
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: The Manopy

Post by steve37 »

very nice, outside the box :)
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Great work Davey..this is whatI want on my boat!
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
Davey D
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Davey D »

Yer its still a bit of work in progress. And shen I buy something new I can jusf cut and weld ahere I need to. Being steel thats the advantage of being so adaptable.

Can we just take the warning stickers off everything and let natural selection take its place, I mean if its spinning fast dont put your fingers in it..... Its not hard

ARTE ET MARTE
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Nice, I've just got to learn to weld!
Davey D
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Davey D »

You sill get plenty practice building one of there. Just make sure you have a grinder handy and teach the missus to grind. Thats what I did

ARTE ET MARTE

Return to “Boats, Motors, Vehicles & Trailers”