L.E.D. Driving lights

sheps
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: L.E.D. Driving lights

Post by sheps »

fist thing from china that wasn't through ebay. hopefully it will turn up.

DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

How did you pay for it ??
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

Very interested in how you go with this too mate ;-)
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
ken_dog
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ken_dog »

I got a 100W HID kit ordered through that site a couple of months back, turned up no dramas!
i still get emails from the supplier to ask if the kit is performing well and whether im happy with it, good bloke actually
ajbear
Seadog
Seadog

Post by ajbear »

Just put a 100w hid kit in my ipf lights they are the shitte!!!! Can see for ever!!! oh well almost......
Just remember if all else fails "try like F##K" !!!!!!!
sheps
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by sheps »

hid for distance and LED for spread.
moylo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by moylo »

ajbear did you have to drill out the back of the IPF housing? I got a kit as well but havent fitted them yet as I was worried about drilling the hole then water getting in
ken_dog
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ken_dog »

[quote="ajbear"]Just put a 100w hid kit in my ipf lights they are the shitte!!!! Can see for ever!!! oh well almost......[/quote

What did your kit set you back mate?
Last edited by ken_dog on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ken_dog
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ken_dog »

moylo wrote:ajbear did you have to drill out the back of the IPF housing? I got a kit as well but havent fitted them yet as I was worried about drilling the hole then water getting in
Sikaflex is your friend!!
Moonman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Moonman »

I've been looking at these recently and found a bit of info. The Chinese knockoffs are so much cheaper, but who knows if the quality is the same? I've linked a post from a 4x4 forum that has a bit of info and a couple of guys that have bought and tried out the chinese models and others that have bought the Rigid Industries bars. It seems the only difference so far is cosmetic? May be worth a look for anyone interested... http://carl.outerlimits4x4.com/viewtopi ... 8&t=217851

Cheers!
Moonman
ajbear
Seadog
Seadog

Post by ajbear »

moylo wrote:ajbear did you have to drill out the back of the IPF housing? I got a kit as well but havent fitted them yet as I was worried about drilling the hole then water getting in
Yes mate I had to drill a hole in the back of the light housing for the leads to go through, depending on what kit you get you may be better off drilling the hole directly behind the globe or you'll have trouble getting the lens etc back on. As mentioned sikaflex fixed any leakage problems.
ken_dog wrote:What did your kit set you back mate?
Kit cost me $95 clams from usa including postage good old ebay!!
Just remember if all else fails "try like F##K" !!!!!!!
sheps
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by sheps »

light bar still hasn't showed up. if it ends up being a good thing i will buy another one
for the wife's car, if 9 other people want a 120w light bar they end up costing $225 each delivered
so it might be worth it to do a group buy.
jasonmcc
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jasonmcc »

I would give the chinese lightbars a go. I bought two chinese LED flood lights off ebay and mounted them to the back of the patrol. Absolutely stoked with them, good quality, heaps of light and only $50 each.

Jason

Moonman wrote:I've been looking at these recently and found a bit of info. The Chinese knockoffs are so much cheaper, but who knows if the quality is the same? I've linked a post from a 4x4 forum that has a bit of info and a couple of guys that have bought and tried out the chinese models and others that have bought the Rigid Industries bars. It seems the only difference so far is cosmetic? May be worth a look for anyone interested... http://carl.outerlimits4x4.com/viewtopi ... 8&t=217851

Cheers!
Moonman
...............Wishin' I was fishin'...............
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

sheps wrote:light bar still hasn't showed up. if it ends up being a good thing i will buy another one
for the wife's car, if 9 other people want a 120w light bar they end up costing $225 each delivered
Mate I reckon I would take a punt on that for that money, would you mind if I have a decko at yours when it arrives?
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
sheps
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by sheps »

punter wrote:
sheps wrote:light bar still hasn't showed up. if it ends up being a good thing i will buy another one
Mate I reckon I would take a punt on that for that money, would you mind if I have a decko at yours when it arrives?
no problems.