Boat trailer suspension

Granty
Silver Member
Silver Member

Boat trailer suspension

Post by Granty »

image.jpeg
Hi all.

I'm in the process of fixing up the suspension on my trailer. It's a coil spring and shocky set up.

I've replaced the coil springs and now need to replace the shock absorbers. I stupidly never took any notice of what they were when I got it and now that they are completely rusted out I have no idea what to buy as replacements.

Any advice to steer me in the right direction would be appreciated

Regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Boat trailer suspension

Post by fff1964 »

Good looking set up there.

I have added shocks to my lef springs witha couple of brckets.

all i did was measure the distance between the holes, this should be about half the travel of shockies (i think)
got on Ebay and looked up some shocks at the right length and seems to work well.
Also check eye diameter.

Cheers
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

Measure the distance between the holes - work out the combined weight of the trailer and boat and go see LS Suspension.

Dont be tempted to go heavier suspension than you need, it'll rattle your boat to bits on dirt roads, and dont overload the suspension either. See heaps of boat/trailer set ups either over sprung or overloaded.
Aydan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Aydan »

Like wombat said just make sure they aren't to long don't want to bust a shock bottoming out