2006 SR hilux blowing white smoke.

scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: 2006 SR hilux blowing white smoke.

Post by scottmac »

balou wrote:
scottmac wrote:
rumbo76 wrote:My Bosses old hilux did the same thing when parked an angle engine down hill slightly ,the company still has the car and still does the same thing done another 100,000 km since it started doesn't miss a beat and had our mechanics look at it over and over when it started and couldn't find the problem but like i said still runs fine,it is also an 06 hilux sr5
Hey Antman! Well I just changed out my injectors and guess what? No more smoke when parking down hill. The problem is the washers at the bottom of the injectors, not the injectors themselves, though if the problem has been there for a while the injectors will be shot as well. It's funny, three of mine were caked in sh!t but the fourth (closest to firewall) was like new.

Tell your boss to tell his mechanics, they should know anyway. I went through three or four mechanics myself to no avail, I should have just googled a bit more and found the solution 12 f$&cking months ago! :banghead: :banghead:
Thats a lot of cr.p on those injectors.

Did you notice a massive improvement in power? I reckon I lost about 50% of my power when the injectors were rooted.
Nah mate, no extra power, it just runs a lot better.

Wal
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wal »

I'll take that as a correct diagnosis :D

Glad it all worked out mate :mrgreen:
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Wal wrote:I'll take that as a correct diagnosis :D

Glad it all worked out mate :mrgreen:
While I had the time, I pulled apart the egr and associated pipe work to clean out all the gunk. Wow! Google that one all you Hilux owners out there. Another can of worms for you to open! :bonk: :banghead: [/color]
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

Apparently if you use non synthetic oil your pie work associated with the EGR doesn't gunk up.
Wal
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wal »

Yeah, looks shocking, that's just an egr thing in general though, anywhere you're going to have exhaust going into the intake is going to carbon up bad.
it's a pity all the new diesels are too sensitive and can recognise when you block it off. Otherwise mine and a lot of others would have been blocked off by now :roll:
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Wal wrote:Yeah, looks shocking, that's just an egr thing in general though, anywhere you're going to have exhaust going into the intake is going to carbon up bad.
it's a pity all the new diesels are too sensitive and can recognise when you block it off. Otherwise mine and a lot of others would have been blocked off by now :roll:
Apparently you can block it, but you need to buy a chip to fool the ecu.
Wal
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wal »

Oh really do u know where from?
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Wal wrote:Oh really do u know where from?
Have a search around the Newhiux forum. I think the guys who make the chips are sponsors.