Seemed like a good idea but In hindsight, I was a dumbarse

Tell us about your own or others' fishing, boating, 4X4 or camping trip gone wrong. With pictures.
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Seemed like a good idea but In hindsight, I was a dumbar

Post by shaggs »

Which ever way it goes ,someone needs to tell them to pull their head in

The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Hemi wrote:
Afant sticking their beak in and mentioning getting the media involved wont be good for anyone. :bonk:
disagree totally.

as an amateur fisherman i think they should get involved. . can only be a good thing.
im surprised that Mario hasn't call me by now :D
JewieQueen
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by JewieQueen »

Holy snapping handbags...madsy.... I jumped on after your call and obviously read this.... that's insane! Shame on the jumping croc cruise for not helping a boat in distress. I'm 99.9% sure any fisho would help them if one of their boats was in distress.

:lol: In hindsight you did try to use your brain it just didn't work out the way you planed.

Scary poop. From flipper to croc bait.... what is going to happen on you next misadventure!
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.

Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

“Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime”

"Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish."
STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by STANDY »

mickkk

Fu%K that post was funny nearly spat me bear over the keyboard
A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Good to talk to you JQ. they say things happen in threes so i cant wait for the next. nah, ill wait :rofl:

to be fair to the croc girl, there were two other boats trying to use the pontoon but she did tell me later that her boss goes ape poop if anyone used the pontoon for any reason. im sure (i hope ) she wasnt aware of the legal requirement to help but should have been able to help out people
but that aside, it makes business sense if they charged people to use the pontoon just to load people on quickly.
missed opportunity
Goat Island
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Goat Island »

For the staff at A.R.Q. there is only ONE authority, Tony Blums.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

yeah Kai, i got the impression that the staff were poop scared of upsetting him
Once Bitten
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Once Bitten »

Yep, poor form on behalf of that employee... They would have torn her another ars.hole in the Coroners Court if things had turned pearshaped... Well even more pearshaped!

Must be something with that ramp that f.cks batteries :roll: - same thing happened with my last boat... Saving grace was that my deckie still had hold of the mooring line.

Good to see it all ended up OK... Bar the brown stain (from the mud I reckon) on your pants. :D
... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{

My missus wants to buy me a GoPro...she said I need it... It's like a black box recorder for fishos...
Goat Island
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Goat Island »

well, who is at fault, if following boss's very strict orders. But be fair.... if you owned ARQ croc feeding and allowed use of pontoon to all, many would if allowed, then having "launcher" walk through their reception with muddy feet from launching, I think most would soon set a stop to that also. It is of course different when someone is in distress/trouble, and as an AFANT supporter, I do think Tristan should contact Tony and inform him of his obligations in situations like this.
I have had many "challenging situations" with Tony over my 12 years on river, he has certainly been told what I thought about him in the early days after a disagreement. Confrontations is however not the best way, we now have a cordial relation ship, and I do get allowed to use his pontoon when river is in flood. They have even towed me back when motor failed, but not sure Tony knows.

Therefore, Tony must be made aware of his obligations, [AFANT ?], and rest must respect his property, that end of pontoon is where the "Pathfinder" big dinghy style tour boat ties up in between tours. FAIR GO FOR ALL.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

like i said earlier, im not sure if the employee was aware of the requirement to assist under the law.

i can totally see the problems they would have with people using their own private jetty.

she was all apologetic after the fact and was petrified of the 'boss' seeing anything out of order.

anyway, this is just just another epic story in my 57 years on this planet but i want to die on my terms not being ripped apart. :D

as i originally said, the post was just to get people to rethink before they do something in the heat of the moment.

PS - its surprising just how many others have called me and told of very similar incidents they have had but were too embarrassed to post it.
my embarrassment might save someone else.
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

Good work mark, you are right about it happening to others, there's been quite a few stories being shared in person. I hope my earlier post helped ease the embarrassment haha
George
Seadog
Seadog

Post by George »

I'm pretty sure you can still access the pontoon without having to go through the foyer of the ARC, I think it's a missed business opportunity, have a $2 per use fee for those that would like to use the pontoon to access their boats safely. I'd sure as hell use it. Whats $2 in the big picture here? No skin off their back, they already pay insurance, an after all if that was the issue they could put a disclaimer up so people could see it before entering.

You know the thing I'm surprised no one has brought up in this conversation? ARC are the direct reason why is can be so dangerous to launch and retrieve there. Lets face it, if they were not there, would there be so many friendly crocs waiting for an easy feed? NO, no there would not. Surely there has to be some sort of obligation to help, they encourage big hungry crocs to hang around.

I saw you and your decky covered in mud that day Mark just as it was happening, sent a chill down our spines to see what you had done, my decky asked about using the pontoon as well and got a gob full off the same lady. I was a little appalled at the way they handled it. I say go to the media, and your local member an make some noise, the potential for how unsafe it is there is only going to get worse as croc numbers grow an boaters increase.

Cheers
Custom Plate Boats
Boat modifications
Trailer and repairs

http://www.fishingterritory.com