Should NT boaters have a .05 DUI limit?

Quiz FFF members on fishing and outdoors topics using the forum polling function

Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes: 129

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Should NT boaters have a .05 DUI limit?

Post by Hemi »

Drinking limits, licensing, regos.... Its all coming in so get used to it.
"Bite off more than you can chew - Then chew like hell.." - PETER BROCK.
Fish Tank
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Fish Tank »

Hell no! What if your doing an overnighter or longer and want to have a few drinks once your mored up for the evening? This is an attack on the Territory way of life. We're not like down south and can just get off the boat and camp on the bank.
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

No way! Just upgraded to a bigger more comfy boat so the Mrs could come out and sober bob me back home from the ramp!
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

:lol: :lol: :lol: , fun police are circling . :moon: :moon: :moon:

Just dida edit and killed a cartom lucccky not on ythe waser fisinnn :drinking3: :drinking2: :drinking1: :drinking5: :drinking8: :drinking28: :drinking1: :drinking2: :drinking3: :drinking5: :drinking5: :drinking28: :drinking8: :drinking2: :drinking1: :croc: :drinking8: :drinking2: :drinking5: :drinking28: :drinking1: :drinking3: :drinking2: :drinking1: :drinking2: :drinking8: :drinking5: :drinking5: :drinking1: :drinking2:
Last edited by jeffish on Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defiant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Defiant »

Good luck trying to police it if they did bring it in
madmortimer
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by madmortimer »

Defiant wrote:Good luck trying to police it if they did bring it in
If they attach fines to DUI they'll police it, nothing surer. They're on the water and at ramps anyway, may as well do their bit and raise some revenue. :bs:
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

We are all doomed,doomed I tell you LOL
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
tubbs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by tubbs »

I think its coming anyway... regardless of the vote. however, I don't think its targeted necessarily at those of us that do overnighters. the last time I was inspected in the Apsley strait, the police boat had an open carton in sight on the deck. they enjoy a few beers when they are anchored up at night as well.
we have all seen people come back to the ramp visibly under the weather so to speak and then drive off in their car with trailer attached.... is that ok because its part of territory lifestyle?
I'm not a fan of the fun police, but there are some things which I can see the reasoning behind.
palaran
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by palaran »

No problem here in WA as Premier recently advised on TV that no such law will be introduced for WA.
LIFE EVOLVES ON THE EDGE
Fish Tank
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Fish Tank »

tubbs wrote:I think its coming anyway... regardless of the vote. however, I don't think its targeted necessarily at those of us that do overnighters. the last time I was inspected in the Apsley strait, the police boat had an open carton in sight on the deck. they enjoy a few beers when they are anchored up at night as well.
we have all seen people come back to the ramp visibly under the weather so to speak and then drive off in their car with trailer attached.... is that ok because its part of territory lifestyle?
I'm not a fan of the fun police, but there are some things which I can see the reasoning behind.
"I don't think its targeted necessarily at those of us that do ..." said everyone in histroy just before a law was brought in and used for that exact reason.

"we have all seen people come back to the ramp visibly under the weather so to speak and then drive off in their car with trailer attached.... is that ok because its part of territory lifestyle?" Drink driving in your car is entirely a different story and is not part of the territory lifestyle. Thats when the cops can bust them.
FTRAINED
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FTRAINED »

I have no issue with 0.05 limit on the water. I haven't seen any proposal regs but I doubt it means you can't drink on the water. It will probably mean that you can't skipper while over the limit, and that seems fair to me. I've had a few experiences/near misses on the billabongs with skippers not looking their best and with can in hand (can't guarantee it was booze, drugs, illness or they hadn't slept for 48 hours). Anchored/tied up is a different matter, just like having a few beers in the back of your ute. But once you're on the tiller or wheel it's a different matter.

I reckon fishos have got issues if they can't enjoy the Territory way of life unless in charge of a boat while hammered.
littlemack3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by littlemack3 »

Why wreck somthing that is not doing any harm the territory is the last remaining state with a tiny bit of so called FREEDOOM left why would anyone that lives here even consider taking that so called freedom away and introduce more rules regulation just to complicate things and cost US a whole lot more money as if things aren't tight enough living in the territory without introducing more expensises and rules that will cost everyone of us. Blows my mind that anyone of us here would think anything of it limits regos etc fishing is the only real escape most of us have and here some are looking to ruin complacate and put more coin in the pollies pockets if you like rules and regs go live another state and see how much you like them then but just remember .05 only takes 3 stubbies and you kiss your drivers licence good bye to if you want to play like other states rant over over I'm OUT :cheers:
madmortimer
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by madmortimer »

Now are we talking drugs and alcohol? What a way to reduce the fleet! Less boats more fish. :angel:

Of course, start with the pros first.
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

Not good. I like beer.