quintrex vs barcrusher

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
woodee

quintrex vs barcrusher

Post by woodee »

does anyone know which boat has a drier ride?

quintrex 5.2 renegade/topender or Bar crusher 535xs

mako
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: quintrex vs barcrusher

Post by mako »

Mate has a 5.7 center console barcrusher, if you want to stay dry you have to wear a rain coat and it does not even matter where you sit! The thing moves like a slug too, maxing out at 56 kph with a 115hp outboard. :P
palaran
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by palaran »

All three will be wet (as are all open boats) depending on the conditions and angle you are tracking into the ocean.
I wouldn't consider a quinnie myself but Barcrusher are way to $$$
Plenty of other options out there.
LIFE EVOLVES ON THE EDGE
Banana Man
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Banana Man »

I have a 5.2m quintrex with the millennium hull. Went out in the harbour this morning and didn't get wet, BUT as has been said- it depends on how you drive it, if your driving with the wind/waves etc. all boats will get ya wet in poop conditions.. Mines for sale too if ya interested :-)
Banana Man
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Banana Man »

People also bag out quintrex for their build quality- give me a brand new bar crusher and after a weekend of driving it like a f head and ill give you a cracked bar crusher! :-)
mnemonix
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by mnemonix »

Quintrex 5.2 renegade is the softest riding and driest quintrex I've ridden in. They quite impressed me as a huge improvement over their existing range.
woodee

Post by woodee »

Was just curious as I went out in a 5.2 renegade and it was pretty wet, in saying that the weather was shocking today.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

20 knots beam on and you are gonna get wet! Quintrex are slightly beamier and are drier in my opinion. Also slighty better ride if you know how to drive one. ie trim and weight placement.
woodee

Post by woodee »

I have to say that the ride was beautiful
jersy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jersy »

Also depends on the usage,Woodee. BC,s have 4mm hull and 3mm sides while the Quinnie is 3mm and 2mm. If you plan on bashing through rough swell every day the heavier boat would win. Must say the renegade gives a great ride and for the cheaper price ticks most boxes.i,ve been in one with a 115 yammie on the back, and was pretty impressed. Pretty sure you,ll get wet in any open boat, depending on conditions.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
NathanL
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NathanL »

You’d have to be mad not to consider a Sea Jay IMO. Very happy with mine after my previous brand spankers Telwater boat cracked and fell apart before it was 12months old.
My Sea Jay is now getting on 8 years old and still looks pretty new even after nearly a thousand hours of service in my hands – floor is still the original plywood, carpet is original and it is left out in the sun, in the open, day in, day out - with no cover on.
Like everyone says, if its an open boat you’re gonna get wet in some conditions… especially a rear console like mine – but I wouldn’t change it.
Extra beam helps alot more than any flared bow.. my 5.4m has a beam of 2.44m, well worth it. FYI the backcrusher is only 2.15m and the renegade is 2.25m.
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Jeffish on here has had both.....5 m freedom sport to 610 bar crusher.

Pm Jeff and he will give you his opinion