Not bad idea for those with electrics + corrigated rds

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Not bad idea for those with electrics + corrigated rds

Post by ponyplay »

Not my idea found it another website , not bad idea for few extra bucks spent. I no sum say corrugated roads are no worse than on the water water chop for electrics , but its got be more good than bad to have it set up like this when traveling to leaders ck shady camp etc .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tavmac

Re: Not bad idea for those with electrics + corrigated rds

Post by tavmac »

Great idea ponyplay. I have a rubber strap holding mine down. I might have to look into it
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Which website?
Barefoot Fishing
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Barefoot Fishing »

when you spend 2 grand on an electric you should always take it off when travelling on the road. the water is no where near as harsh.
i have made a little invention to safely store the motor in a seat hole down low and out of the dust etc.
check this out
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Barefoot Fishing
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Barefoot Fishing »

when you spend 2 grand on an electric you should always take it off when travelling on the road. the water is no where near as harsh.
i have made a little invention to safely store the motor in a seat hole down low and out of the dust etc.
check this out
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay »

theodosius wrote:Which website?
a secret one where you say please or cheers when you ask for something . Its on face book a group called " tinie boat mods and ideas "
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay »

Barefoot Fishing wrote:when you spend 2 grand on an electric you should always take it off when travelling on the road. the water is no where near as harsh.
check this out
think the idea was to stop head of electric from vibrating banging around how does yours do that
Once Bitten
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Once Bitten »

When I first bought my 55lb MK Ipilot it was damaged in transit from the states so I took it into Frenchies Marine (service agents) to straighten the shaft... Anyways, he told me the MKs are pretty resilient to damage... However the most common damage is that to the GPS modules due to heavy vibration from travelling on rough roads. I've witnessed heaps of fishos driving with their MKs still attached to their boats whilst being towed and seen them getting bounced around all over the place... And that's on bitumen. I'd hate to see the amount of movement on corrugated roads. New modules are about $400 to replace. Boat suspension is nowhere as smooth as vehicle suspension (depending on your chariot) so things in the boat tend to cop a shellacking. I personally have bought some foam padding of the foam and rubber shop in Winellie and wrap the head and base in shock absorbing foam (held on by an occy strap) before whacking it in the back of the ute. Works for me. I also made a foam bracket for the MK shaft whilst I'm in transit in the boat to stop the head unit bouncing around. The old fella at the Foam and Rubber shop is a keen fisho also and doesn't mind passing on some tips also. He's pretty quiet at first, but if you talk fishing or MKs he's good for a yarn. Prices there are reasonable too! :mrgreen:
... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{

My missus wants to buy me a GoPro...she said I need it... It's like a black box recorder for fishos...
maxpower
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by maxpower »

I screwed an extra puck to the floor directly above the trailer springs and mount the motor there in transit. Would prefer to put it in the car but the motor is too big. Works pretty well for me, its a lot smoother ride than up on the bow (I've sat in both spots to test it).

If I'm on the bitumen I leave it attached to the bow, I just tie a strap around the shaft to the bow rails (rubber tape on bow rail) to stop it banging.
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

I reckon it's the opposite above the wheels of trailer is the roughest on a single axle trailer anyways close to the draw bar there seems to be little to no movement maybe the larger tyres and better suspension on the car ?but the smaller trailer tyres get bounced around a fair bit .
I sat on a dual axle load sharing trailer one night and it was a smoother ride than the hilux towing it seems to just vibrate rather than rattle and jar like a car or single axle trailer
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay »

look it was just a idea , i no sum blokes dont take theres of . If ya dont like it get stuffed, and do wat ya want. No wonder mr riverbabe and ronje left , just trying to help you no it all pr..ks.

Ps i put mine in the back of troopy every trip , no way do i want it bouncing around getting covered in dust on boat :wink:
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

Probably bounces round more in the troopy :) :)
blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by blw »

DOUG wrote:Probably bounces round more in the troopy :) :)
the way hes drives,there is no doubt.
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay »

You do no your talking to the 2013 seadog champion , show bit respect. You would not talk to rex hunt or robinson green like that
blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by blw »

ponyplay wrote:You do no your talking to the 2013 seadog champion , show bit respect. You would not talk to rex hunt or robinson green like that
nah wouldnt give them the time of day. You should feel privileged