Far South NSW end of winter getaway.

jarrah jack
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Far South NSW end of winter getaway.

Post by jarrah jack »

Finally managed to do a bit of fishing and camping after another one of those southern winters. Cold and windy with no fish to speak of. Just plenty of time to work on the boat for the spring sapper season.

Far south NSW has some really remote and hard to get to coastline. I've been fishing and diving in the area for about 30 years and still discovering new rock ledges and platforms to fish and dive from.

The fishing can range from exceptional to lets forget about it. I once hooked onto a marlin off one deepwater ledge which jumped and carried on as only marlin do before my 500 meters of line disappeared.

On this trip we managed to throw some plastics, soak a few baits and put a livie out to vary the routine. Not a real lot of fish about this time of the year as the water was still only about 15 degrees . If you reckon thats cold Port Phillip bay was 10 degrees when I left victoria.

Caught a few big sambos which can keep you honest and used a small one as a livie to entice a mulloway on a full moon night off a deserted beach. Something grabbed it and went for a big run then dropped the bait so I'll never know what could have been. My mate caught a nice groper which was put back in the drink as they are protected now after some pretty savage spear fishing in the past. :smile:

Found some of the best new fishing platforms I've ever seen in the area. Can't wait to get back in feb when the water warms up and the fish arrive in numbers.

Also managed to sink a few cans around the campfire at nights without the worry of mossies, sand flies and bar flies. Will post the pics when I get them sorted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jarrah jack on Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

Where were you fishing, Beecroft or further south?
Regards Dick
jarrah jack
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jarrah jack »

A place south of Eden near the nadgee wilderness reserve.
aryshia

Re: Far South NSW end of winter getaway.

Post by aryshia »

Sorry all Had to delete...Its a bit too sensitive at the moment. Still.
Our excellent online [url=http://www.spanishprograms.com]learn spanish language[/url] training programs [url=http://www.spanishprograms.com/spanish_love_phrases.htm]www.spanish programs.com[/url] lead you to success in the [url=https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/apcourse/ap-english-language-and-composition]collegeboard[/url]
jarrah jack
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jarrah jack »

Jihad can be like that.
barratrooper1
Seadog
Seadog

Post by barratrooper1 »

You must be around cape Howe.
I always wanted to check it out.
Spent years exploring Jervis Bay, Green Cape, and some sneaky spots north of Port Macqaurie.
Hope you have a top Feb, keep us posted.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

old post, but nice to see a bit of country

just spent three days looking around beaches and rocks here in the north-east, was a kids' camping trip with a view to returning with the more serious fishing gear