FFF Seadogs 2014 Competition - Register Here

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

FFF Seadogs 2014 Competition - Register Here

Post by Matt Flynn »

FFF Seadogs 2014 Competition Kicks Off

Registration is open to fishos in all states with barramundi. Registration is free, but you must post a picture of your boat or car and its attached FFF sticker to register - post the picture on this thread. The sticker must stay on the boat or car for the duration of the comp. If you are just visiting the north for a fishing trip, or do not wish to have a sticker on your boat, you may enter by paying a $30 fee - email Matt Flynn at [email protected] for details.

To enter you will need a brag mat (no home-made ones allowed), a camera and a local newspaper dated within the month-long round in which you are fishing. This comp is not officially associated with any newspapers.

Pictures of fish must be taken on the brag mat with the newspaper in view. There must also be a photo of the fish being held by the captor on location nearish to where it is caught.

If you are landbased, post a pic of a FFF sticker on your vehicle. Or yer bike!

FFF stickers are at Craig's Fishing Warehouse. Or buy one here ... http://www.fishfinderbooks.com

Dam-caught barramundi (stocked impoundment barra) are only eligible in Round 6.

The FFF Seadogs 2014 Online Fishing Comp

RULES

Fish eligible for Rounds in 2014

There are 10 month-long rounds for 2014. An entrant's final points are decided on their best six rounds - therefore registrations (entries) until June round have a chance at the finals prizes. The first round kicks off March 1. The final round ends December 20. Prizes will be allocated for the Top 3 finalists, and there will be some Lucky Number prizes.

Round 1, Mar - The Run-off, Barra
Round 2, Apr - The Greenwater, Barra
Round 3, May - Jewfish Busters + Barra
Round 4, June - Mackerel Maulers + Barra
Round 5, July - Tuna and Queenfish + Barra
Round 6, Aug - Billabong and Dam Barra
Round 7, Sep - Saltwater Barra
Round 8, Oct - Billfish + Barra
Round 9, Nov - Reefie Madness, reef fish + Barra (eligible reefies golden snapper, red emperor, spangled emperor, tricky snapper, mangrove jacks, jobfish, nannygai, tuskfish ... NO COD OR JEWIES)
Round 10, Dec - Powertails (c.a.t.fish)

The rules below replace any previously published rules, including those printed in North Australian Fishing & Outdoors Magazine or elsewhere.

Entries from all states are allowed.

The comp is judged on pictures of fish on brag mats. Each centimetre of fish is awarded a point. Unlimited entries are allowed but only the biggest fish from each month will be eligible for points, from the best six of each competitor's rounds. A local newspaper or printout from within the month of each round must be visible in all brag mat photo entries.

There must also be a photo of the fish being held by the captor on location nearish to where it is caught. Rounds 6 and 7 are location specific, eg Billabong Barra entries must be from a billabong/lagoon/waterhole or dam. Location photos in other rounds must demonstrate that the fish were not caught in a stocked impoundment.

A deckie's fish may be entered by the registered owner of the boat (skipper).

The Grand Champ and successive place getters will be decided from his/her total from the best six rounds (total centimetres). There are 10 rounds.

Billfish centimetres from the billfish round will be halved to help equalise with the fish from other rounds.

All fish to be measured from lip to centre of tail (eg inside fork or outer curve). In the case of billfish it will be the lip of the lower jaw to inside tail fork. Fish may have mouths open or closed on the brag mat, the aim being to get the fish measured and photographed as fast as possible.

IMPORTANT: Each entry must include a short description about the capture. Photos must depict live or freshly-caught fish, no necked or obviously dead fish - the judge's decision on this will be final. As there are no stewards on the water to enforce/check that rules are followed, the organiser reserves the right to disallow any entry for any reason, and disqualify any entrant for any reason.

No newspapers or other stuff may cover fish in the brag mat photos, lest someone cut their fish in half and extend it.

Fish caught while competing in other competitions are not eligible. Professional guide/charter boats may not be registered in the comp.

There are no bonus points for landbased fish in 2014.

In the event of a draw the FFF judge will decide a winner, based on the quality of the photos in the entries.

Additional notes ...

For a chance to win, it is important that entrants put up a fish each round even if it is smaller than the leading fish in the round, as the captor of the leading fish may not get a good fish in subsequent rounds.

There is no size limit on fish, but please photograph undersize fish quickly for a fast release.

Billfish will have to be photographed as best the captors can with a brag mat or tape measure, with the newspaper in view, and the FFF judge will estimate size.

Entrants agree to be solely responsible for their own safety, knowledge of the waterways, and to ensure their boats are in good working order. Entrants agree to not to hold the organiser liable in any way.

By posting your first fish up (an entry) you agree to be bound by the rules.

Note: registration pictures must show enough of the boat for it to be recognisable, no closeups.

Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: FFF Seadogs 2014 Competition - Register Here

Post by Lats »

I'm in. However Matt, I'm overnighting again Friday. Can I use the 28th Feb paper for the fish I catch on the 1st Mar? It's the only day I get to fish in March
20140226_093112.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BarraMick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraMick »

Super tinny & BarraMick back for another crack.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ozdodge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ozdodge »

Hi guys,

I hope to have more impact on the comp this year!
The big rig.jpg
See you out there on the water...

cheers
ozdodge

Don't crowd me - I'm likely to bite!
Escape
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Escape »

Is there an entry or sign up cut-off point?
Ill have a crack but im still overseas for a few more weeks....
blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by blw »

Aww what no barra in round 10.thats an outrage. Haha
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

No entry cut-off date but it's the best six of 10 rounds.

And no, I'm not going to pollute the powertail round with barra :D
Escape
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Escape »

Matt Flynn wrote:No entry cut-off date but it's the best six of 10 rounds.

And no, I'm not going to pollute the powertail round with barra :D

Cheers.
john d
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by john d »

Sign me up mat and I will see if i can catch a fish this year
:cheers:
2 brothers fishing
Seadog
Seadog

Post by 2 brothers fishing »

Didnt enter a fish last year so think i can do better this time.
IMGP1847.JPG
sarrge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by sarrge »

I used to have a handle on life.......then it broke.
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

OK ,,I'm in
DSCF0164.JPG
Sy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sy »

I'm in..

Changing jobs to a 2 and 2 roster so maybe have a better go this year!
Cheers

Sy
jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonr »

Only entered one fish last year - hope this year is better
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

Pic_0315_093.jpg
YEP.
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.