Further Snapper Success in South Oz

Dr Enrique dela Costa
Silver Member
Silver Member

Further Snapper Success in South Oz

Post by Dr Enrique dela Costa »

Howdy all. First post, and one of only a few for SA. Will have to hassle more people to check the site out down here, as other local net resources are a bit on the poor side.
I'm the other half of the 2 Territory blokes stuck in Adelaide for a couple of years and desperate to go fishing that Brent wrote about some weeks back.
Must admit, I'm starting to like it here now i have a boat....sort of a boat - 3m plastic Tuff Tender that we take offshore where few Haines hunters dare to go....
Attached are a couple of photos from a trip a week ago. BM couldn't come out beacuse he was too much of a pussy, so I went out on my own.
Fish took a slimy fillet on 3kg line and a 1500 Sedona spin reel. Took about 20 minutes to get the big one in, nearly spooled me twice, and i had to chase it for about half a click. Must have looked funny pulling in the anchor rope with my teeth.
Anyway - proof that there are some lovely fish down here if you go back to first principles and berley like crazy, fish light, and dont tell anyone where you go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

whomper37
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by whomper37 »

Well done, couple of nice fish there. Would have been great fun on the spin stick...
Frodo, Dont wear the ring...........
The magical Bling, Bling..
I dont rap about bitches and ho's
I rap about witches and trolls.....
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Further Snapper Success in South Oz

Post by Blinky »

Good stuff Doc, welcome to FFF.

Dr Enrique dela Costa wrote:dont tell anyone where you go.
I have a mate that has a place at Wallaroo, he reckons the same thing..........don't even tell your Mum where you're going........otherwise the hoards will descend.........kiss any fish goodbye!
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
Dr Enrique dela Costa
Silver Member
Silver Member

Yep - need to be sly.
They're pretty blatant down here about spot pinching. boats will scream up to you, slow down to troll speed and circle around your anchored boat 2 or 3 times.
Then they anchor in your berley trail.
My rule is, if they're close enough to chuck pilchard heads at 'em, then they deserve it. Most don't hang around long.
Must admit though, last time i was on the Daly in Jan we had our spot pinched twice by retards when we pulled anchor to fight a fish/retrieve a lure... wouldn't have happenend 10 years ago...
thinking of designing an anchor rope cutter that i can cast on a rod.
Brent Matthews
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Brent Matthews »

Dr,

Its not the basic principles that help you catch the fish, it is the luck of the magic christmas esky that is doing all the work.

:lol:

As for being pussy, we shall see who gets the first Mulloway out of the Coorong :grin:
Cheers
BD

'May your fishing spots be silted and your hooks on backwards'
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

Nice work, I hear ya about spot thieves :evil:
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Dr Enrique dela Costa wrote: Must admit though, last time i was on the Daly in Jan we had our spot pinched twice by retards when we pulled anchor to fight a fish/retrieve a lure... wouldn't have happenend 10 years ago...
Ain’t that the truth! 99% of the offenders aren’t “localsâ€Â
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
Dr Enrique dela Costa
Silver Member
Silver Member

That first coorong mulloway will be mine, brent. Even if i have to photoshop it.
I am getting rather fond of the magic christmas esky though. Might have to steal it to replace the rod you threw overboard on friday :naughty:
See what the weather is doing sat morning...
jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonr »

good work brian.

If you want a mullaway the port will be better over winter but the murry will sat to work in october.

Jon. :naughty:
jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonr »

Brian,

A snapper like this would be a test in shallow water.

Jon :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.