St Croix warranty

balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

St Croix warranty

Post by balou »

I have a couple St Croix avid rods which are 4-5 years old. Excellent and powerful rods. At the time I purchased them they had a life time replacement warranty. The team at FOW used it as a selling point saying it a no question asked replacement warranty.

I was told today by FOW it is now a 100 replacement warranty due to so many people deliberately breaking rods and claiming warranty on broken eyes and dirty grips etc.

Legally can st Croix change the warranty conditions on older rods owners?

I wasn't putting in a claim I was just telling my mate to buy a st Croix because of the warranty. The sale person said it now 100 replacement across all models now.

Apperently all st Croix have a serial number so they can track when it was sold.

jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: St Croix warranty

Post by jabsy »

They would have a hard time retrospectively changing the warranty for older rods, unless they had some clause allowing them in the original warranty. maybe the $100 is for all rods sold under the new warranty? Does this also include shipping?
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Those are not the conditions I bought my ones on, I asked specifically when I bought them
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

jabsy wrote:They would have a hard time retrospectively changing the warranty for older rods, unless they had some clause allowing them in the original warranty. maybe the $100 is for all rods sold under the new warranty? Does this also include shipping?
All st Croix warranty claims will need 100 payment regardless on when it was bought. Think this includes postage.

We were going to buy 3 avid today but dicided against it purely cause of the new warranty.
Wylde_Fish88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wylde_Fish88 »

What's warranty conditions on a Loomis..?...

I had my Avid replaced under warranty couple years ago, Ron walked straight over grabbed one off the shelf and away i went.

If a manufacturer producing a rod of equal quality with free warranty replacement no questions asked then yep I will convert.
If your not living on the edge, your just taking up space.

Grammer is for lossers.
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

I smashed one of those 13fishing Envy baitcast rods last month, only used once. Swapped over for $200. Ouch. Should have just bought another Raider.
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Go the Venoms, 5 years hard fishing on my 3 no problems.