Dundee Offshore

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Skippadman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Dundee Offshore

Post by Skippadman »

Been a bit slack lately with my posts but we have been focussing on Dundee Offshore for the past couple of months until the Barra start biting in earnest :)
We have had heaps of great trips and our recent Fri/Sat trip was no exception. Plenty of awesome fish, heaps of beers :cheers: and good mates. Also how awesome has the weather been lately?
Below are a couple of pics from our latest trip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Dundee Offshore

Post by Lats »

Ripper fish mate. Love them tuskies. What depth were you in?
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Awesome job lads , great pics of some great fish ,
Those tuskies are huge ,pull hard too :mrgreen:
Quinntreximon
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Quinntreximon »

Brilliant stuff. Didnt put the crab pots in did ya cause u caught fken everything else lol. How far out past sail city 10,20,30,40 km or a hint but if you would rather not say thats cool as well. I have been past sail city, think I need to push further afield, been to Bateman but have never cleaned up.
Quinntreximon
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Quinntreximon »

Brilliant stuff. Didnt put the crab pots in did ya cause u caught fken everything else lol. How far out past sail city 10,20,30,40 km or a hint but if you would rather not say thats cool as well. I have been past sail city, think I need to push further afield, been to Bateman but have never cleaned up. Not that I want to keep alot of fish, I would rather catch than keep. Perfect weather
Quinntreximon
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Quinntreximon »

Brilliant stuff. Didnt put the crab pots in did ya cause u caught fken everything else lol. How far out past sail city 10,20,30,40 km or a hint but if you would rather not say thats cool as well. I have been past sail city, think I need to push further afield, been to Bateman but have never cleaned up. Not that I want to keep alot of fish, I would rather catch than keep. Perfect weather
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

that's a bad stutter , Quinn :rofl:
darwinguy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by darwinguy »

Top pics, congrats on an excellent trip.
Quinntreximon
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Quinntreximon »

YYYYYEP YEP YEP YEP YYYYEEEP IT IS, DDDDidnt mean ttt to do tha tha tha that. lol
Skippadman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Skippadman »

Lats wrote:Ripper fish mate. Love them tuskies. What depth were you in?
Thanks Lats, we were in around 16-18m for the Tuskies. Great fish and you sure know when you hook one on a Stradic 4000!!
Skippadman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Skippadman »

Quinntreximon wrote:Brilliant stuff. Didnt put the crab pots in did ya cause u caught fken everything else lol. How far out past sail city 10,20,30,40 km or a hint but if you would rather not say thats cool as well. I have been past sail city, think I need to push further afield, been to Bateman but have never cleaned up. Not that I want to keep alot of fish, I would rather catch than keep. Perfect weather

No crabbing this time haha:) Thanks, it was a great trip it has definantly been producing out that way this dry. You don't need to go too far afield mate, sometimes you get all the way there and 6 boats are waiting for you just study the sounder and if all else fails have another beer :mrgreen:
JewieQueen
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by JewieQueen »

Awesome trip and report :mrgreen: Should of headed that way ourselves but decided to do some gardening and a bit of fishing today.... *cough cough* I mean boating today! Well done lads! :applause:
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.

Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

“Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime”

"Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish."
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

geez thats a great trip. love it when things come together.
Note to self, GET OUT ON THE WATER!
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

And I thought Dundee was quite on Saturday. Couldn't find any goldies? I didn't.
Skippadman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Skippadman »

cuddlescooper wrote:And I thought Dundee was quite on Saturday. Couldn't find any goldies? I didn't.
Yeah we got a couple good size goldies in close on Fri night but too many beers to take a steady photo.