Trevally off the rocks

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Trevally off the rocks

Post by goldfish »

Headed to the beach on the northern tip of channel island today. Taking the mountain bike in saving the legs on the downhill bits of the track. I cast a gold bomber along the rocky shallows throughout the last of the run out chasing a barra or big jack for a feed.

Alas... No interest from either of those, but did get onto a school of trevally busting up along the deeper side. I landed a few small ones and soon afterwards I'd emptied the 3L bottle of water from my backpack and it was time to head off.

There were a few bigger models working the current line out further but I wasn't geared up to send out a balloon rigged livie for them this trip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
wazdog
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Trevally off the rocks

Post by wazdog »

I used to take the boys there on a 7.00 mtre tide early morning and catch some live bait and get good queenies of that beach. Should go and do it again, its fun.

PS do you work Goldfish, you seem to be fishing a lot mid week. Good Luck to you buddy.
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Trevally off the rocks

Post by goldfish »

Yeah good call ....
high tide is definitely better most of the for the pelagics. Right on sunrise being my favorite. ... so i don't have to do the trip back out in the dark ....... i do a week on,week off, doing my best to avoid the growing crowd of keen fisherfolk with '' all the gear and no idea '' on the weekends...

Good luck might see you out there hooked up on a ripper, next trip ill be sending the big gear out. 10:00 6.3 tomorrow
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.