finally an Update

Scotty
Gold Member
Gold Member

finally an Update

Post by Scotty »

To all you Northern blokes, my apologies for being slack. Fishing and boating SE QLD is just not the same....Weekends are always blowing and week days, when you can't get away from work, are great! :banghead:

Been across Moreton Bay a few times, took the kids snorkeling around the Tangalooma wrecks (still seem to survey the area for crocs out of habit!), out the eastern side for some bottom bouncing for &#$@ all, several times.

Eventually bought home a keeper a couple of weeks ago but the family has Omega 3 withdrawals. Fishing SE QLD is just not the same and its killing me :(

Gotta tell you, the wind chill factor in a centre console boat @ 50 Kms on a morning that is 7 deg is criminal (Matt, I need a frozen Emoticon)

Anyway, can't complain cause you blokes are only laughing anyway. :cheers:

The last few times out there have been heaps of Whales, really cool as they have passed by within 50 mtrs a couple of times. Took the kids out a couple of weeks ago and spotted a few pods. Good stuff!!

Here's a couple of pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Good to see your still alive mate :grin: was wondering if we would hear from you again.

The cold weather sounds bad :cry: but at least you can get out for a fish.. the wind here is criminal :banghead: :banghead: blow the spots of my dog :shock:

Keep in touch and let us know what your getting... I might get down there early next year soI will give you a call (if you PM your number :bonk: )

Oh did the trailer stand up to the trip OK??
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

scotty

Post by Matt Flynn »

As 2rods said Scotty, it's great to hear from you again. I was wondering what became of you and family just the other day.

Enjoy the different fishing - Moreton Bay can be a lot of fun. And you can swim safely when it gets warmer.

I saw the latest spearfishing mag and those fellows show us that there are still MONSTER cobia in the bay, among other things. I don't know if spearing such big fish is good for the ecosystem, but who knows. :|

Keep in touch - things are a bit quiet on the forum of late because it has been especially cold and windy this year, but I have a feeling that this buildup is going to be huge on FFF, and we will need some Moreton Bay news to break up the barra monotony. :grin: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Scotty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scotty »

2Rods, trailer is Good! came to Brisvegas on the back of a truck but is holding up well.

Matt, Family is good, not liking the cold though. Barra monotony... is there such a thing???? I'll keep you posted but I have had many a fruitless session in this lovely Bay, although all reports suggest there are fish about :roll:

Geez, hasn't this site changed!!! well done on the progression over the last few months, good to see a growing FFF fraternity.

Craig, Note the Got One Hat in the pic!!!!!!

Scotty
justin
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by justin »

at least Darwin is a place you can come for a fishing holiday and have a chance to catch a few fish scotty. good to hear you and the family are well.
Fishhard reel service a cast past the rest
Jay Burgess
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Jay Burgess »

get your arms stretched by a few more YTK's :)

How far are you from Lake Awoonga?
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

holly ghosts :shock: :shock: scotty how the hell are ya mate :mrgreen: :mrgreen: good to finally hear from you. i guess you sort of knew what you where in for when you left gods country :cry: :cry: but i am sure you will turn some scales sooner or later! mate :catch:

:cheers: harmsey

oh and by the way, the baby has not slowed me down at all :catch: little katie has been on atleast 12 fishing trips and 4 camping trips including dundee, crab claw, adelaide river, shady camp, coroboree house boats, charlse point, shoal bay, daly river and the harbour in her short little life of 18 weeks :grin: