Thailand powertail

Words hardly describe the feelings when sighting colour from a trophy powertail
Buz
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Thailand powertail

Post by Buz »

Gday all, new to this site and have just been plugging through some of the forums and posts. Came across the 'powertail section' and had a good laugh. Thought i'd chuck up a pic of a Redtail Powertail i got fishing in Thailand. Actually fought extremely well on light tackle and is a a revered sportfish over there.

I live in Perth at the moment and grew up in Margaret River, but was a Darwinite from 02-06. Miss my barra fishing and pig hunting very dearly. Plan to get back up to the N.T for a Barra fish next years runoff. But as yet am undecided when and how i will go about doing it. While i lived up there i had extremely limited success on catching Barra. Didnt really know how to go for them properly.

Oh well hope you find the pic funny and hope to get to know some of yous online and learn what i can, and maybe even catch up with some of yous when i am up that way next year.

Buz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Not Without a Fight.
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

And you catch that on light tackle?!?!

Great fish!!!
:mrgreen:

Have a good day,
Pecheur
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Arsome colors on that PT. Smaller one would look nice in a tank...
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Gday Buz,thats a pearler of a PT and dont worry the ones we get here pull hard as well,not many fish fight as hard for their size as the mighty PT :mrgreen: ,weve got to have a PT comp. someday :fishing: 2 rods not allowed to enter hes a gun :rofl:
Buz
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Great idea max!

Post by Buz »

Great idea max, having a PT comp, for once people would be activley seeking these powertails out! :grin:

I did catch a couple of good sized balck ones when i used to live in the territory and like you said pound for pound they can fight hard when they are big. More of a slug match with deep powerful runs, guess not as specy as a barra jumping :roll:

Hey balou, i have actually seen baby ones of these for sale in aquariums here in perth. Makes me wonder if they tell the buyers how big they really get. Cost about $400 for a 40cm one.

I'll just stick to the couple of eeltail Powertail and couple of salmontail Powertail i have in my fish tank. Max size 40-50cm.
Not Without a Fight.