South Alligator and Yellow Waters

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
BarneyRubble
Seadog
Seadog

South Alligator and Yellow Waters

Post by BarneyRubble »

Hey all, its been a while since put some pics up and a bit of a post so here goes.

Called a mate, asked if he was keen on doing an overnighter out the mouth of the south. Long story short we were trying to convince his old man and borther in law to hire a boat and follow so we could spend the night and they could come for the day. Believe it or not all the hire boats were booked out for the Nationals, which was pretty surprising but apparently the southern teams hire out the boats. Surely if you can afford to go in that comp and fork out thousands you can bring your own boat up with no doubt all your advertising on it. ANYWAYS....

The old man and brother in-law decided to stay home while we decided just to spend a day down the mouth, tides were pretty good to try our luck bouncing the lead but instead a decision to trawl and flick was made.

Ok so we were up and on the road by 630, just after 7 to the ramp and found the carpark almost full already! Dammnn was amazed to see so many people travel the 2.5hrs out, but I guess seen the Nats were on there arnt that many other places to try and catch some baz.

Had 2 other boats in the convoy down to the mouth, fella in front was having issues finding shallow spots on some of the bends, so he slowed and we went passed. Was a nice and easy trip down apart from the wiring for the transducer got a bit loose and kept loosing the bottom.
On the way down saw plenty of bait at creek mouths and the day was looking promising.
This picture was taken just after the low, was the most weirdest thing I have seen, the main river was the dirty fresh looking water and the creek we were fishing was the dirty dirty water. As the water was changing and I was trawling in the creek I had a little poop as I thought there was something wrong with the Suzy but it was just bringing the dirty fresh looking stuff up through the dirty.

Anyway havnt seen so much bait ever in my life, the creek was boiling!!!!! Literally it was going nuts. Catched the last hr or so of the outgoing and stayed for a couple hours on the incoming.
My mate, literally caught all the fish! Was a tad annoying, he was using nothing more than a original B52 Bomber!!! I couldn't do it and didnt want to put one on! NOPE! I tried everything else in the box, got a good hit but that was about it apart from a 4cm Archer Fish I managed to smack in the back on a cast.
Was a little interesting to see another boat in the same creek, utilizing a throw net and using live bait. Not sure if they knew they were not allowed but I am at fault also for not saying anything, I think there should be some more education on peoples fishing in the park etc.

Next day, we had a choice of heading up stream and knowing to catch fish and fighting through 50 odd boats or head to somewhere else, yellow waters it was. Was a couple few hours, constant fish mostly rats biggest probably hitting the 55 around half a dozen caught each. I didn't want to put the bomber on and went for the gold little lucifer which finally gave me some fish on the board.

Was a good couple days and me mate was spewing he dint take the Monday off so we could do it all again.

Get out there fishos, obey the rules, help those out that need it and tight lines! Ciao

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: South Alligator and Yellow Waters

Post by Matt Flynn »

Great report. Love that colour change, hate it when they look that good but but resist all attempts at barra mining!
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Incredible colour change!
nooblet
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by nooblet »

Was Awesome...... stocked up on a couple more gold bombers for the next trip :)
BarneyRubble
Seadog
Seadog

Post by BarneyRubble »

nooblet wrote:Was Awesome...... stocked up on a couple more gold bombers for the next trip :)
GRRRR F&^(#_@ THEM OFF.... NO MORE ALLOWED IN THE BOAT
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

Nice work Barney
b-radical
Seadog
Seadog

Post by b-radical »