Finniss fresh quick flick

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Finniss fresh quick flick

Post by goldfish »

So with one other boat out on the river I headed for a small runoff creek down below 3 ways snuck in with the leccy right on crack of dawn and would you belive it...

Lo 'n' behold the only boat out was already parked there casting.

Gave the spot a few casts then headed for greener pastures. Destroying the prop on not 1 but 2 different mid stream snags @ full rip ...

Headed up to the walkers ford and fished a few creeks on the way back but only a pile of rats and one around 55 that I released.

Don't worry about it if you are having a bad day. ....it could always get worse.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Finniss fresh quick flick

Post by theodosius »

Plenty of snags down that way! I went once in April and all the year's hatchling barra were already up and in the billabong, they were under 15cm long
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

Got a fair few on DOA terroreyes about that size and heaps around 35 -50cm too from the year before lasts spawning too. Good to see...

they'll all be decent legal fish in 2 yrs !!!
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

I was down there in September last year. Two trailers at the ramp. Get to the 3 ways and they're both there. Lucky they were both about done for the day. But then 2 more boats arrived. Popular spot. Are any if the little run off creeks upstream of the ramp flowing?

Dan
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

Drove all the way to walkers ford . It was pumping........ too high to fish well.

Few creeks flowing on the way up.....
a couple had good a colour change looked spectacular but unfortunately no decent fish caught in amongst all the rats, longtom and tarpon.

The 55 came from this pissy little waterfall along with 20 of his mates. Its all of 200mm wide flowing 25mm deep but it was fish a cast for a while.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

Couple more pics from Saturdays trip.

:drinking8:
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

Sometimes those little drains are the best. There are a couple in Mary Bridge lagoon that work well.

How far up from the rockbar in the middle of the right hand bend is Walkers ford?
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

You would've been close dannett only about 1/2 a kilometer further but a large snag jammed in the rocks makes it a bit more tricky later on in the dry ..

You can park the boat, then hop out and fish along the banks once you get up there ....
If you're keen. but be careful I wouldn't go standing too close to the edges. .....
Keep you're eyes peeled while casting into a few choice little eddys and deep undercut banks near the rapids.

This is the upper end limit of how far it's possible to drive your boat up. It's a good area to try a few plastics however I usually cast a rapala CD9 wherever it's not too overgrown and sink them into the deeper bits, trekking upriver through the narrow section of corners, then over the 4wd crossing and up into the next pool...