Info on Hornet hulls?

Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Info on Hornet hulls?

Post by Dick »

Just picked up a second hand Hornet 4.35m hull. My new boat once I've done some modifications on it. I've been thinking seriously about a new one but this one came along reasonably priced so snapped it on a whim.

In looking at the new models I've noted the two styles of hull - the Trophy and the standard Hornet (same style as my existing 4.00m hull). The Trophy has the pedestal seats, wide gunwales, fully enclosed floor etc. Whilst the standard Hornet has the bench seats and the partially enclosed floor.

This boat seems to be a hybrid of both current styles. the bench seats are there along with the wide gunwales and full floor along with a couple of seats bolted down.

Was this a standard design from a few years back? I've looked at a heap of photos of the model selling second hand but no pic shows those details.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Regards Dick
Hayzie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Info on Hornet hulls?

Post by Hayzie »

HI Dick
anything with bench seats is a standard Hornet. they have probably just ordered it with wide gunwales. Hornet Trophy models do not come with bench seats
cheers
Does The Job!
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Info on Hornet hulls?

Post by Dick »

Yeah thanks for that, appears you can, or could order some sort of customisation. A good thing
Regards Dick