Cheap HDS second screen

NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Cheap HDS second screen

Post by NT Wombat »

Is there a cheaper option than buying another Lowrance sounder to run 2 screens. I have a hds gen 3 and don't really want to fork out for a complete second unit to have a second display.

pagey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Cheap HDS second screen

Post by pagey »

pretty sure you can get a wifi adaptor and use ipad/tablet set up to just mirror if thats what your looking to do.
a day at work is a day wasted
Silence is Golden, and Duct tape is SILVER

"Fool proof systems do not take into account the ingenuity of fools." -Ken Clayton

'When the world is made to be idiot-proof, the world will become overpopulated with idiots.'
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

Nah not looking to just mirror the screen - i want to display down looking sonar and chart on one display, and side imaging on the main screen for better resolution
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

Nah not looking to just mirror the screen - i want to display down looking sonar and chart on one display, and side imaging on the main screen for better resolution
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

I just found a hds 5 gen 1 for 100 bucks (no transducer but didn't need it) works grays. I normally have down scan. Maps and marks do go across but maps are not as detailed as on main screen ( no contours etc) gen 2's do get this details.
Cable to link cost $50. And it's also a bit of piece of mind incase one packs it in along way from home. Had it happen once at night along way off shore, was thinking it may get a bit interesting but got it working again.
Best tip is to keep an eye out on face book for those upgrading and flogging off old units. I Pads etc are not as robust. Heat would shut them down pretty quick too