You know you grew up in Darwin when....

Introduce yourself, talk about beer, crocs, headlines, dugongs or Paris Hilton.
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: You know you grew up in Darwin when....

Post by goldfish »

Litchfield park was just a single lane extreme 4wd track 3 or 4 day trip out the back of finiss river and you could swim at tolmer falls bottom pool and drive between the lost city and blythe homestead . they never used to close anything off and people looked after the place a lot better . Locking the house or car was unheard of. ...

bit of a shame really.

Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

Those in a 4wd club can drive between lost city and Blyth homestead.
We opened up the track a few years ago. It's a good drive. Up between the large rock opening. We call it camel hump track, don't know if that what it w called.
A few years ago 4wdnt signed a MOU with NT parks that allowed it to re open some of these tracks that were closed years ago. We have to put in a permit when we want to drive them, and pick up a key (locked gate each end).
But if you are wanting to drive some of these tracks again I'd suggest you look into joining a 4wd club.
I'm in the Toyota Landcruiser club.
Feshing enthusiest

Post by Feshing enthusiest »

I am a fellow reader of fff, I came to darwin back in 1989, (i was 3 yrs old) went to palmo high and still here, the thing i love about darwin is its a small place, you can go to the local shopping centre and not be able to go about your day without saying hello to atleast 2 people, i have a few mates that are kind of interested in fishing but still cannot remember the knot you showed them 2 yrs ago even when you have showed them 20 times over the years, would like to go out with some people that know what they are doing, and as keen as me to learn more about these beautifull waters, i have a 4.2 mtr, my favourite target fish definetly has come to be the elusive jewfish, if anyone can help me get onto my first metrey, that would be another tick on my bucketlist, love this forum cheers guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re:

Post by nomad »

Pecheur wrote:
But to be honest, my English was then terrible,

Have a good day,
Pecheur.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: its so much more gooder and betterer now!

I came from NSW in 2001 and Ive still not grown up. we did the same stuff there as well just in a different place
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

If you fellas want salty plums they still sell them at the oriental emporium on bagot rd...
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
grumpy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re:

Post by grumpy »

Goat Island wrote:Must be getting old,[58 on Sunday,] arrived in Darwin late 72 building Casuarina highschool [now CSC]Then Darwin community college, [now CDU] then Darwin cinema, and it had a Roof, now long gone. Only trafficlights in town were at pedestrian crossing outside Parap primary. When leaving flat in bishop st. after 7 years, could not pull out key, as it was rusted in, never once took out key, same with car,THAT'S WHY I NOW LIVE HERE, SAME DEAL. Darwin nightclub, opposite where DIX later came was open till 6 am.PERFECT, we didn't start work till 7.
Dolphin was the "headoffice", never left till closing time,unless you wanted to see a movie at drive in,usually had to go a few times as we usually had to get woken by attendant wanting to know if we wanted to get out before they closed the gates.

Thanks Jason for starting this, brings back heaps of good memories, I know I'm not born here but still trying to grow up here....Cheers Kai.
Time fly's by hey Kai what was the last birthday 65?? I remember Goat Island before it ever had a building on it :mrgreen:

I also remember living at Pt Stuart (Jimmies Creek Abattoir) in the 70's when the gate was locked to keep all you bastards away from Shady Camp. :clap: :clap:

I had forgot about this post that Jason started . :D :D
A mans boat is a sign of his strengths and weaknesses???? (and wealth)