pig hunting

Chasing pigs, buffalo, duck and geese. And deer, foxes, feral cats, rabbits ...
bazzaBoy

pig hunting

Post by bazzaBoy »

anyone know any good spots for pigging in this wet weather?

NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Re: pig hunting

Post by NT Wombat »

Somewhere you have permission...
jpb15
Seadog
Seadog

Post by jpb15 »

let me know if you find somewhere
Sick of coming home Fishless
bazzaBoy

Post by bazzaBoy »

NT Wombat wrote:Somewhere you have permission...
I kind of figured that.. I was talking about any crown land or hunting reserves that are open to the public
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

You shooting or dogging? got an atv or quad?
bazzaBoy

Post by bazzaBoy »

Shooting on foot with no quad
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

Its gunna be hard going anywhere without a quad to access country and the high grass wont help you either. The mangrove edges out at Harrisons at high tide would be good but you wont get there without a quad
Davey84
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Davey84 »

There's a hunting reserve just over the blackmore river on the cox peninsular road on the right the track in is boggy for the first 1km best bet if you have a boat this time of year launch at channel island or middle arm and cruise over and find your way on to land thats where the pigs seem to hang more down near the mangrove s there!
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

G'day Davey, The Blackmore hunting reserve is no more - that land is now Aboriginal land under the Kenbi land claim.

If your caught hunting in there these days expect to be done for trespass. Unfortunate but thats how it is. The only public hunting reserves left are Shoal Bay, Harrisons Dam and Lambells lagoon.

CPM, the APDHA, NT Bowhunters and possibly other hunting organisations have some agreements for their members to access other areas of public land, if I were a shooter i'd be contacting CPM (Conservation Pest Management), signing up and getting involved in some of their hunting opportunities. They can be contacted at: Phone 0427 596 723, Email [email protected]
CharFin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by CharFin »

I read the above and thought WTF. I checked up and they still advertise middle arm hunting permits on dept's website. I checked the kenbi map and the hunting map. The hunting reserve is immediately to the west of the blackmore river. The closest kenbi gets to the hunting reserve is the tips of the 2 peninsula's to the west of the hunting reserve. You can't even see most of the reserve on the kenbi map. So as far as I can see middle arm hunting reserve has not been affected by kenbi.
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

Sorry I just check myself and got that wrong - only checked parks and wildlifes site and they dont administer the middle arm reserve - my bad, sorry
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Those hunting agreements are the go, very forward thinking. There is a writeup on them in the current NTMAG.

Re Middle Arm, I would have thought it is shot out, it was never a great pig spot in my opinion but maybe I looked in the wrong spots.

Noogoo on the other hand, was full of pigs, but then "development" came, and a fence ...