Croc warning Beatrice Crossing

Introduce yourself, talk about beer, crocs, headlines, dugongs or Paris Hilton.
ghound
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Croc warning Beatrice Crossing

Post by ghound »

Hi Guys

Thought I had better put up a post.
A mate of mine was on the Arnhem Highway yesterday and spotted a large (4 meter +) croc at the Beatrice crossing. Apparently it was eating a turtle or similar. Everyone should be wary if in that area. Tommy Nichols has been notified but as the area is sign posted I am not sure if much else can be done.

cheers

Ghound

goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Croc warning Beatrice Crossing

Post by goldfish »

Its been there for years

Pretty sure it was a similar sized one that even ate somones dog at Harrison dam upper Beatrice channel a couple of years ago.

. Just be a bit careful.
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

tarpon......

worth the risk?????
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Thanks ghound, and thanks for calling Tommy
wazdog
Seadog
Seadog

Post by wazdog »

Went past that culvert on saturday and saw a bloke at the waters edge throwing a cast net. Good luck buddy!!!!!!!!
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

That p!sses me off that people use a throw net in there. Such an accessible spot that gets raped by people throwing a net into a pond that is scarcely bigger than a swimming pool. Not much chance for the fish. It only takes a few people to have a profound effect on the bio mass of that mini system.
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

dannett wrote:That p!sses me off that people use a throw net in there. Such an accessible spot that gets raped by people throwing a net into a pond that is scarcely bigger than a swimming pool. Not much chance for the fish. It only takes a few people to have a profound effect on the bio mass of that mini system.
People have been cast netting there for years. No threat to the local tampon population I reckon. If you don't sneak up and get a good first cast in, you would be surprised how hard they are to catch. There's even a gate to walk through, so it must be permitted.

It's way too spooky for me to do it these days though. That water just screams croc and there has been talk of a big one there for years.