Need a spot to keep the kids entertained

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Scott12345
Gold Member
Gold Member

Need a spot to keep the kids entertained

Post by Scott12345 »

HELP!! As i myself never have any luck, im after a spot in the harbour that will keep the kids entertained otherwise i may toss them over haha. Any fish will keep them happy so just after some help. (Bait fishing dont wanna loose my lures)

dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Need a spot to keep the kids entertained

Post by dannett »

Scott, try small baits in and around the Larrakeyah area. The small queen fish also turn up regularly through there which can be caught on small plastics and slugs jigged up and down. On the low tide, they can also get out and have a play on the Cullen Bay sand bar.
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

I have had more luch out at lee point than in the harbour. Have to pick your windows with kids, aim to be there over the change of tide, when bite dies off call it a day. There's a few reefs to pick from, so if one is taken, can just head to the next one. Normally get a bit of small stuff at least over the change of tide.
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Pm your mate....
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Bottom fishing on the rough off Larrakeyah can be alright on the turn of the tide. Nice easy, short trip.
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

Bottom fish with small baits around weed reef, or in 3 - 4 meters of water off East point. You'll get plenty of small snapper, stripes trevally and stuff that the kids will love. Take some bread and tiny hooks and get the kids catching your garfish baits for the next trip while your at it.