Coorobooree

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
Castamasta
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coorobooree

Post by Castamasta »

Hi guys
To fill a promise I made to a work mate , I decided to go for a flick in Coorobooree on Sunday morning. Got there about 6.30am and conditions looked really good, glassed out as expected that time of morning. I don't know the billabong that well so just motored up until I found a bank I liked. Being a bit of a novice suggested my mate tie on a slick rig and work the Lilly edges while I tried a frog on the surface. The surface action was disappointing but my mate managed a Tarpon which he was raped in . Wasn't long after that that he hooked up to what I guessed to be a nice Barra, I am not sure what happened next but somehow he managed to hit the thumb bar in ImageImagethe reel and well , you can guess the outcome [emoji849]
Hoping no damage to the reel as dis engaging the reel under load isn't that good for the reels, my reel by the way [emoji53]
Anyway I decided to switch to a spinnerbait
hoping to find some Toga. Didn't take long to boat one around the 50-60 mark but nothing more after another 30 odd minutes so decided to change to a weed less hollow belly. By this time the wind was getting up but conditions were still "ok"
After flogging a few banks with this setup I was finally rewarded with a little Barra that went 56 . Not a great trip but it's always relaxing down there, I love it early in the morning, gods country. Hope I didn't bore you to much but that's how my Sunday went.
My mate by the way loved it as it's the first time he's been there, A couple of big crocs and some Jabiru topped it off for him .
Cheers
Gav

theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Coorobooree

Post by theodosius »

Well done, never tried a spinnerbait up here
Castamasta
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Castamasta »

theodosius wrote:Well done, never tried a spinnerbait up here
Fished down there about ten years ago in July, smashed the togas , caught Barra on them elsewhere. Reasonably weed friendly [emoji106]
NBN
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NBN »

Special place; nice session Gav.

They (SB) deliver on the troll too.
Finatic2
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Finatic2 »

Well done, cant wait to get back out there its an awesome place even if the fish aren't biting
Fish stories told here....some true !!!

When in doubt...exaggerate !!
Tap'n'Zap
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Tap'n'Zap »

Sounds like a fun trip, well done.
ozdodge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog