3d stucture scan

fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

3d stucture scan

Post by fff1964 »

Whats the scoop guy's

Some one got one or used one or seen one yet............any goss on them at all.

Cheers

nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: 3d stucture scan

Post by nomad »

there's one on buy swap and sell
hds 12
Sullo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sullo »

Try before ya buy,couple of guys here cant work out what ya seeing on them,one guides and the other fishes the ABT.
fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fff1964 »

Ok looks fairly simple :angel: .........................but took me a while to figure out my old structure scan. :banghead:

:drinking8:
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

Sullo wrote:Try before ya buy,couple of guys here cant work out what ya seeing on them,one guides and the other fishes the ABT.
Was that the 3D structure scan, looks very easy on the few videos on line that I have seen. I don't use structure scan that much as I don't really know how to use it and set it up properly.
But the 3D looks awesome, but it is concerning that there's not more talk about it.
I have not seen any amateurs footage of it, only paid type vids.
I'm pretty sure Shane complain recently put it on his boat before the nats but have not seen him talk about it at all (don't know him, just Facebook stalk him). So it's either not as good as it's made out to be, OR it's awesome and he does not want to encourage all his competitors in the comps to get it, don't know
Big Col
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Big Col »

A mate has 3D structure hooked up on his Simrad. I don't reckon its worth it yet to be honest.
We have used it in the Daly a few times and over the reefs off lee point running 2d on one unit and 3d on the other and we got better detail off the standard structure scan.
Found it very hard to determine fish where as the 2d they stand out like dogs balls.
Wait a while and it may get better with upgrades but not worth the money yet.

Big Col :cheers:
Richieboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Richieboy »

Most guides are running the 3D structure scan transducers now as they're twice as powerful as normal structure giving better and clearer returns.....especially in the silty water. They're picking up fish better, in deeper water and a lot wider on the side scan.
My rig that's getting custom built now will run both the total scan transducer (as primary sonar and structure backup) and I'll be primarily running 3D structure as down and side scan.

Richie
Mad KEEN!
fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fff1964 »

OK MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

SOOOOO can i just run the new 3d transducer on my gen 2 and get better pics ????????

Cheers

Did some research....................no looks like i can't. :bricks:
Richieboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Richieboy »

fff1964 wrote:OK MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

SOOOOO can i just run the new 3d transducer on my gen 2 and get better pics ????????

Cheers

Did some research....................no looks like i can't. :bricks:

GEN 3 Brus.......

Richie
Mad KEEN!