Deckhand Wanted Tomorrow - Billfish

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Simmo83
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Deckhand Wanted Tomorrow - Billfish

Post by Simmo83 »

G'Day Guys, looking for someone to join me tomorrow in my boat (625 Cruisecraft) for a quick bottom bash but mostly bill fishing. Ideally you would have done it before, know how to set a spread, drive the boat,leader a fish and tag etc but any help is better than doing it solo. Launching from Lizzy river as it's 2 mins from my house heading west towards the pinnacle for the chance of the tide then trolling the incoming back towards Darwin via the gutters either north or south depending on clarity.

There is no guarantees of hooking a fish, i haven't seen one out there this year and the bottom bash is a guess too as i've never been out that way yet either so come with enthusiasm, fuel money because boats don't run on thanks we'll be doing around 130Nm tomorrow so $60-80 will cover fuel, bring a bottom basher combo and a small tackle box. I have all the game fishing gear and your own food, drinks and beer most importantly.

Drop me a PM and i'll give you the address, wanting to be on the water by 7am so it'll be 6.30am at my place, back at the ramp by 4.30pm quick clean of the boat and you'll be on your way with either a tagged sail or marlin under your belt and maybe some fillets.

Bruce Simpson
197 Pioneer Sportfish - 175hp Honda.
Ex Sandgroper from Karratha
Member of KBGFC and DGFC.
CCO625
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Deckhand Wanted Tomorrow - Billfish

Post by CCO625 »

Be interested in how you go Simmo. Was going to head to Nth gutter for a look tomorrow but now reef fishing with a mate instead.
Be good if you could report on what you see out wide. Good luck.
Simmo83
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Simmo83 »

yeah i will do mate, fingers crossed i raise 1 up and get a bite. once i have a goldie or a snapper on board it's off to chase the bills, might even head north towards shepparton shoals as well if the weather is good.
Bruce Simpson
rumluck
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by rumluck »

How'd ya go? Find a decky? Im interstate otherwise i woulda hit you up. I'll pm you for future reference.
Simmo83
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Simmo83 »

found a leak from one of the sump plugs on the leg, bailed on the idea just in case, i'll get it looked at, serviced and give it another go in a few weeks fingers crossed, might take the little boat for a spin this arvo instead.
Bruce Simpson