After your dundee knowledge

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Scott12345
Gold Member
Gold Member

After your dundee knowledge

Post by Scott12345 »

Thinking of heading to dundee for the weekend for the 1st time so i have a few questions.
1. Whats the go with the tractor launch service and how much is it?
2. Any hints and tips on the fishing? Ive read finniss is worth a look for barra but im pretty interested in pelagics.
3. Is it worth the trip?
(I dont have a massive boat only a stacer 429).

mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: After your dundee knowledge

Post by mickkk »

Best tip is to search Dundee in the search box on the top right. You will get a bucket load of info. Next tip is to phone ahead and see whats doing with the launch service. Sea wall was removed as part of the construction of the new ramp, and launch services were cancelled due to safety last weekend, long way to go to be tuned away.
fishhunter81
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fishhunter81 »

1. It costs $35 for the tractor launch privilege. Like Mickkk wrote they have removed the sea wall, so until that's reinstated best give the place a wide berth. I rang the Lodge on Thursday last week after some comments on this forum indicated that the launch service was awry, and the young lady on the phone said 'no it's all fine, as long as you use the tractor....", well if you can't trust the backpacker with no maritime experience then who can you trust right? Weekend ruined.
2. Plenty of info on this forum.
3. Personally I've never had a bad fishing experience at Dundee.
ghound
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ghound »

We rung them about lunchtime Saturday and they said they were launching boats. We flew out there and Jethro dropped us in about 3.30. Pulled out about the same time the following day with no drama's.

After talking to Jethro sounds line most drama was when the tide was up my suggestion would be launch and retrieve when the tide is out a bit (weather depending of course).
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

ghound wrote:We rung them about lunchtime Saturday and they said they were launching boats. We flew out there and Jethro dropped us in about 3.30. Pulled out about the same time the following day with no drama's.

After talking to Jethro sounds line most drama was when the tide was up my suggestion would be launch and retrieve when the tide is out a bit (weather depending of course).
Your so lucky to be one of his favourites. I have only ever had a go bad when he wasnt on duty in my experience if you do your bit and hit the target he said will do his.