Stevens rock

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Settlersjoy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Stevens rock

Post by Settlersjoy »

Hey everyone. After checking out the new 3d models of Darwin harbour I've decided to go check out some spots I've never fished. Well I haven't really fished any "spots" yet. As I'm new to Darwin and have just been randomly dropping a line with no sounder and no gps mark haha. "Doing the hard yards" ;) so far I've stumbled upon tusk fish, snapper, mackies and tuna in the harbour. So I feel I'm doing well considering. But now it's time to actually hit up a ledge or two. I've used navionics to pin point my destination. I'll have a crack at Stevens rock and the drop off at weed reef. I won't bother with the wrecks on Saturday morning. Has any one here fished Stevens rock with any success? Looking forward to posting how the day goes.! I'll be using big jig heads and soft plastics. Also using jig heads and squid heads ;) used to jig them with huge success in tassie! Wish me luck. I'm also very into finding reef patches instead of hitting up regularly fished wrecks. I believe fishing new ground to be very exciting andntakes pressure off these spots that get smashed way too often. Obviously happy to accept tips but I'm a strong believer in doing to hours to find the fish. Also.... Does anyone know where to get the full harbour 3d map? I've heard you can purchase a poster of it?

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Stevens rock

Post by Matt Flynn »

The Darwin Harbour map is in the FISH FINDER book.

Don't know about Stevens Rock, never fished it.
have just been randomly dropping a line with no sounder and no gps mark haha.
\

Didn't know this sort of thing still happened!
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

It holds small snapper species and cod. Good fun for the kids, probably a few larger fish too.
Settlersjoy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Settlersjoy »

Yeh cool. Just looked like a nice steep ledge around it. Probably set up the sea anchor and do a few drifts over