NT fish trawlers in spotlight

Talk about bungled boat ramps, net buybacks, marine no-go zones, mining disasters etc here.
Jeno
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: NT fish trawlers in spotlight

Post by Jeno »

It's a sick joke and the average law abiding tax payer is the punch line........add to this bullshit sold to us about Kenbi access.....and its bend over time again....
No matter where you go, there you are!
back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

The Problem doesn't lie with the current Government... Or any preceding Government....
The Actual Problem is that the Government and Minister that is in power is being Fed a Diet of Absolute cr.p and Lies defending the Commercial Fishing Industry and the "ATROCITIES" that they have committed and continue to commit....
the only way to make a change and clean up the whole industry is to change it from the bottom up...
once we get rid of those bureaucrats behind the ministers then and only then will we see change..
because even though we might change a government... unless the advisors either Die or Retire... then the next minister or government get the same spin as the last so in tern get miss informed and make decisions in accordance to these so called experts Advice...
i think its time the NT came inline with the rest of the world and we as recreational fishermen have fishing licences so we can lay a stake in our fishery and have a say like the commercial licence holders...
until we have fishing licences we will just be pedestrians and not aloud to drive in our fishery..
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

Spot on Back-cast.
joesgotone
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by joesgotone »

My biggest issue with commercial fishing is that they want every aussie to pay the same as the Japanese for the fish we apparently own, but can't afford to buy. All our tuna is sold at high prices overseas but i can't buy it for $10 kg like the cannery does. I have to pay $40 kg cos that's the price they get in Japan. They should only be allowed to export 50% of their catch and have local pricing as its an Aussie resource they are harvesting so should be affordable to every Australian.

Joe
how many is enough lures, rods and reels. Is there a magic number, considering you usually only catch 1 fish on a single lure on the one rod and reel your casting with.
grumpy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by grumpy »

It is just another case of being sold out to the highest bidder, then comes the big cover up until someone gets onto them. Look at 4 mile, Tappa Bay, closed areas, bag limits the list goes on and on.

Place is heading into an unprecedented spiral down the shiit tube. Lets just punish the vulnerable NT fisho's that support the NT economy and live here, I bet those boats don't even use the bl..dy port or get their supplies from here.

Fishos think about the pain you keep getting in your rear end, that is the pollies sticking in the digit. :fubird: :fubird:

Would love to see someone document all the restrictions placed on us over the last 10 years. Then wait for all the dogooders to get on here and say it is all for our benefit in the long run. :banghead: :banghead:

I keep saying the place is faaaaaaarked.

End of rave.
A mans boat is a sign of his strengths and weaknesses???? (and wealth)