Jigging for Snapper in Bynoe

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
ntpie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Jigging for Snapper in Bynoe

Post by ntpie »

trying to avoid smelly bait....any advice on what ype of jigs, weight etc?

AJay
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Jigging for Snapper in Bynoe

Post by AJay »

use fresh bait, it doesn't stink
ntpie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ntpie »

thanks for the tip!
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

I would have a range of plastics. 5 and 7" flick baits, curly tails in z-man, berkley and I recently used the new squidgy whip baits recently and they had an awesome action. Use only as much lead that is needed to get to the bottom and have a range of colours, but personally, always have one plastic in white. They will also grab small metals. And dont forget the 20-30g soft vibes. They kick ass if you can keep them on the bottom. And try and vary the way you jig. Simple jigs, to very eratic, fast, slow. And the do nothing approach will work with vibes and plastics with paddle/curly tails. Just see what works

Take 2 or 3 packs. And then the next time you go, take another different one. 2 or 3 fisherman works better because you can have a range of jigs out to see which one works best..... BUT make sure everyone wants to jig. I find its easier if all bait is left at home so there is no other choice... and move, move, move and move around
barnzy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by barnzy »

White gulps in the jerkshad. 1.5 ounce jig head on a 7/0 hook. You have your days when bait out fishes plastics but I definitely goes the other way to. The jigs and plastics gets them excited and you can turn a bite on.
Simmo83
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Simmo83 »

jigging with metals, gets expensive but I'd be looking for no heavier than 100gm, light as the tide allows. for the depth I guess you want to work, say no deeper than 15m I'd look at micro jigs as well. I keep it cheap due to the teeth that lurk, either the Mackies snipping you off or the sharks taking your fish. I like to have a squid on the assist hook too, also make your own as it's heaps cheaper too. I use the Eupro range, Vexed and Shout ranges as well. I have been known to lose over $200 worth of jigs in a session, but an esky full of Coral Trout, Spangled Emperor and Rankin Cod made up for it.
Bruce Simpson
197 Pioneer Sportfish - 175hp Honda.
Ex Sandgroper from Karratha
Member of KBGFC and DGFC.
jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonr »

I find - people get to fixed on one method - use bait to find the fish. But as soon as you find
Them make sure you have 7" gulp on - the best time for this is if there are heap of little snapper - you will pull the biggest fish out yeh school with that .