mantom dam

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
chris338
Silver Member
Silver Member

mantom dam

Post by chris338 »

hi guys i was wondering if mantom is worth a go this time of year never fished it in the boat i was thinking of giving it a go at first light any info welcome in particular which lures are worth a go thanks

tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: mantom dam

Post by tristan.sloan »

Chris....most fisho troll it at night using shallow running lures. It is oxygen stratified so you will find most of the barra in the first couple of meters of the water column
slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by slug »

tristan.sloan wrote: It is oxygen stratified so you will find most of the barra in the first couple of meters of the water column
The wonders of modern science - well done Tristan!!

I always thought water column stratification was basically tied to salinity - so there ya go - learnt something today.

Any idea how it becomes 'oxygen stratified' - and is it a permanent or season thing ??
chris338
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris338 »

So mate what sort of lures are the go i was going to troll big ass b52 and use frogs and outher surface lures

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

In the fishing area it's really badly weeded up as usual. Surface or weedless are the only way to go for most of the dam. Fish leading up to a full moon.
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

Slug, rotting vegetation (all the weed) leads to oxygen depletion and the creation of lots of methane, carbon dioxide and other decomposition gases. In the dam all the oxygen diffusion (where the water contacts the air) happens at the surface so in this case that's where you will find the most oxygen and barra!

Science comes in handy some times ;)
chris338
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris338 »

So should i use big soft plastics riged weedless or some smaller sizes

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Return to “Freshwater”