200 Series??? Thoughts?

Buy, sell and giveaway. Private sales and FFF sponsors only.
callmejoe
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: 200 Series??? Thoughts?

Post by callmejoe »

I tow with the pootrol.
3t off rd brick of a van. At 100km plus. This week i returned 21.6L per 100km. @ 105 km in 6th (7 speed) revs at 2, 000 rpm.

I agreee about the back end. Easy fix kaymar rear bar.

It costs nothing to smile.
NBN
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NBN »

qiksix wrote:You know the answer barney!
What colour did you get Barney?
Simmo83
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Simmo83 »

I'll add my 50c worth. I've got a 2012 GXL turbo diesel model. For the cash I spent I wasn't too impressed, I'm not a fan of autos especially this one. Positives: heaps of room, heaps of grunt, Toyota reliability, easy to drive.
Negatives: the gearbox, lack of trip computer, fuel economy.

As time goes on I am getting more tolerant of her, I've gotten used to having an auto gearbox, I have installed a lock up kit in her for highway driving, towing and economy, I only did this last month. I also have put in a Uni Chip and a Taipan exhaust. It's the easiest car I have owned to drive off road, point it where you need to go and drive up it or down it I have rarely had to engage the centre diff lock or go to low range, it tows my boat easily but yes she is thirsty but I plan to take her to Dundee this coming weekend so I'll see if that lock up kit helps, the exhaust and tune are worth it and she drives and accelerates like a fast sedan.

Really as has been listed above, there market is so slim for big cars with towing capacity, sure there are probably 20 cars that will do 3T now, back when I got my first cruiser there was maybe 3 total and let's be honest most of one will tow 3t but not comfortably. I wouldn't buy new again next time around it'll be a 2 year old cruiser decked out instead of my taking the hit in the pocket, I'm sure there are a few grey nomads who have decked out cars they don't need anymore and I'll take that off their hands next time. In the end, no regrets and more mods to do.
Bruce Simpson
197 Pioneer Sportfish - 175hp Honda.
Ex Sandgroper from Karratha
Member of KBGFC and DGFC.