Perons Trip

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Perons Trip

Post by Agent86 »

Cheers jabsy

Might add a few pics to the post later, if we have some luck :-)

If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

I'd rather you didn't haha, I will just be kicking my self more
mike davis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by mike davis »

If i lived in darwin I wouldn't hesitate, always wanted to fish the perons
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

well there you go, we went, we tried and we had a ball just again for something different.
it was great weather, the storms went all around us and we came home with a great feed and some beautiful fish.

fishing the shallower water was great, we were able to let the smaller fish go, most of them anyway, there were still a few that we kept as they didn't look too good, mainly due to the over enthusiadtic young feller pulling them in too fast I think.

with a few good sized goldies, coral trout, tusk fish and even found a lump that I hadn't tried before that we pulled a couple of Nannygai off and left them biting after drifting over the lump a couple of times.

the Jewies weren't there in numbers, except for small ones around the 40cm mark, and they were fine in the shallower water to let go.
got dusted by a couple of bigger models unfortunately, dammit.

will be back down there once more befory chrissie hopefully, depending on the weather.

Only hickup really was leaving one of the tie downs on the back of the boat when launching, doh, then wondering why she wouldnt roll off the trailer.
Luckily on the Thursday morning there was no one else waiting to launch!
IMG_6435.JPG
IMG_6439.JPG
IMG_6442.JPG
IMG_6444.JPG
IMG_6449.JPG
IMG_6456.JPG
IMG_6460.JPG
IMG_6462.JPG
IMG_6464.JPG
IMG_6487.JPG
IMG_6482.JPG
IMG_6493.JPG
IMG_6497.JPG
IMG_6499.JPG
IMG_6501.JPG
IMG_6505.JPG
IMG_6507.JPG
it was a great trip and as you can see from the pics the weather was superb, making fishing very comfprtable
we got back to Dundee just in time on Saturday as a storm hit about half an hour after pulling the boat out.

home and cleaned up early with a good feed of fish :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Anon
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Anon »

Looks like an awesome trip Smarty. Might head out there this week. Some cracker fish there that's for sure. I have a heap of marks out that way I need to try out.

We did well around fenton, Lee point yesterday.
4 goldies, few Nana's about the same size as yours. A nice trout, tuna, mack's, jewies and a poop load of indo snapper.

But that tuskie wins hands down. Lovely fish
Anon
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Anon »

Double post
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Nice table fish there Dennis sounds like a great trip
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Beautiful
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Nannys :shock: , Well done mate what depth you pull them out of . :mrgreen:
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

That's awesome Dennis. I've also done the tie down strap thing. The wife took the motor block off and I assumed she also did the straps :bonk:
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

That makes three of us then with the tie downs, I was wondering why the boat wouldn't come off the trailer at Palmy ramp, I probably silted it up flogging the engine trying to drive off.

Great pics Dennis, there are some excellent fish there. I finally had a good opportunity for jigging last night but stuck with bait, I need to give it a proper go some day. More an oversight than a refusal to convert.
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Brendan wrote:Looks like an awesome trip Smarty. Might head out there this week. Some cracker fish there that's for sure. I have a heap of marks out that way I need to try out.

We did well around fenton, Lee point yesterday.
4 goldies, few Nana's about the same size as yours. A nice trout, tuna, mack's, jewies and a poop load of indo snapper.

But that tuskie wins hands down. Lovely fish
yeah was a great trip Brendan. Lost another bigger tuskie at the side of the boat too, didn't get the net quick enough dammit.
sounds like you had fun out on the water as well.
shaggs wrote:Nice table fish there Dennis sounds like a great trip
yep shags, a great mix, had battered deep fried cod, tuskie and nannygai for dinner last night, was awesome :-)
jeffish wrote:Nannys :shock: , Well done mate what depth you pull them out of . :mrgreen:
wasn't that deep Jeff, around 18 metres, and heaps of them there, will definitely be going back for a look, tasted great last night.
Lats wrote:That's awesome Dennis. I've also done the tie down strap thing. The wife took the motor block off and I assumed she also did the straps :bonk:
jabsy wrote:That makes three of us then with the tie downs, I was wondering why the boat wouldn't come off the trailer at Palmy ramp, I probably silted it up flogging the engine trying to drive off.

Great pics Dennis, there are some excellent fish there. I finally had a good opportunity for jigging last night but stuck with bait, I need to give it a proper go some day. More an oversight than a refusal to convert.
yeah Lats and Jabsy, lucky there wasn't a que to launch, might have p...ed a few off, only took a minute to fix though once I realised what was wrong, lol

jigging was great Jabsy. never a dull moment, always something having a go, and had to move a few times toget away from the trevors.

thanks for the replies everyone

pms
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pms »

Great work...again!
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

Killing me mr smart. I did do a bit of jigging on the weekend, and think I will be doing a bit more often. Only one goldy, but out fished the deckie and it was a bit of an impromptu trip in the habour and magaged to miss both tide changed. I think the kids will like it more that just bait fishing.
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

mickkk wrote:Killing me mr smart. I did do a bit of jigging on the weekend, and think I will be doing a bit more often. Only one goldy, but out fished the deckie and it was a bit of an impromptu trip in the habour and magaged to miss both tide changed. I think the kids will like it more that just bait fishing.
No worries Mickey
Might be going back Saturday for an overnighter

Wanna come??

:-)