Clarence Gorge

Dinger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Clarence Gorge

Post by Dinger »

Just back from a trip to the gorge chasing a few Bass, this place is only 3 hrs from here but so remote ,the last 8 ks takes 1 hr through some rugged country.The water was quite low up stream so I didn't spend too long up there in th Kayak & instead walked down in to th Gorge where it was fish a cast in the holes below the rapids .The fish spooked after catching a few but was a matter of moving to th next downstream hole ,biggest fish was 50 cm with a lot in th 40s & they go well in th fast water .The Bass are same as Barra ,waiting in eddys & backwater .There are Eastern Cod in there as well (totally protected) but didn't strike any of them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Clarence Gorge

Post by tristan.sloan »

Nice work dinger, I've spent a bit of time above the gorge, beautiful part of the world
NBN
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NBN »

Yes sir; worth the price of admission up there. In fact I'd classify the mighty Clarence as a National Treasure!

Sounds like a great trip Dinger, well done!

Is that a little Maria SP55 I see; haven't come across that colour?
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Awesome spot. Have you tried Jackadgery (spelling?), heaps of cod there.
Dinger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Dinger »

The lure is from Scizz tackle ,a local bloke here in Yamba,they are cheap ,swim every time straight out of th box & have great hardware.Will have to look at getn in at Jackadgery side & tackln th Cod.